MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By abacus69 Thu May 26, 2022 11:06 am
Hi there,
I'm completely new in MPC Beats (just bought my first MPKmini-controller) and got everything started: hardware and sowftware installation etc. Started "MPC Beats" and after some experimentation I could create the first sequences, tracks and load kits etc. to the program.
My problem is, that there is a noticable timelag (maybe 20 ms ore something), wich prevents me from playing beats in time.
I wonder, because my laptop corresponds to the system requirements: i5 2.2 GHz, Windows 10, 8GB RAM).

What do you think: Is this a common timelag or is there a problem in configuration?

If you have any remark, hint or idea concerning my problem, I would be very happy, if you let me know :-)

Greetings :-)
By abacus69 Fri May 27, 2022 5:00 pm
Hi, thank you, I changed the settings to Audio Buffer Size: 144 3.0 ms.
It decreased the timelag a little bit and with quantisation the beat is even in time :worthy:
But for realtime playback this seems to me still quite unuseable.
Ist there any hardware-solution for the computer with mpc-beats-software, to play the sounds in realtime? Or is this fun just available with an original hardware-mpc? ;-)
Thanks for any remark or idea, Greetings :-)
By abacus69 Sat May 28, 2022 9:31 am
Is it possible, that ther is a better performance on mac-os (due to core-audio)? I read about core-audio, as I was looking at ableton, if there is maybe a shorter timelag. And they have recommended core-audio in their system-requirements...
Thanks for any remark or idea, greetings.
By abacus69 Sat May 28, 2022 9:53 am
Solved!!! Just installed ASIO4ALL - this brings ASIO-compatibility to many installed audio-devices (at least succesfully to mine :-D )
Now ist nearly realtime!!!