MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By 83dude Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:24 am
iancmartinez3 wrote:Hey!
I just installed MPC 2.10.1 on my MPC Studio 2 and am getting muted midi notes while I'm playing a second program track.

Any cause or remedy for this?
Thanks

Do both programs use the same mute group numbers? Those work globally.
By BostonGreen Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:19 am
iancmartinez3 wrote:Hey!
I just installed MPC 2.10.1 on my MPC Studio 2 and am getting muted midi notes while I'm playing a second program track.

Any cause or remedy for this?
Thanks

Are the two tracks sharing the same program?
If you want to use the same program (whether that be a drum program or a synth) on different tracks, use a new instance on each track.
By critter0107 Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:31 pm
I have this same problem. In MPC software I setup multiple tracks with different plugins on each track. Set their midi inputs to consecutive numbers and then setup midi tracks in my DAW (ableton, studio one) and set corresponding midi send channels. Record a midi clip in the daw to trigger track 1 in MPC. Then if I play track 2 in my DAW notes won't trigger if they are played with corresponding notes in other tracks. Track mute groups are set to off. I tried using my typing keyboard as a midi keyboard and the same thing happens. Does anyone have any ideas????

Thanks for any help!!!!!!
By Runeof1 Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:25 am
Have the same issue with hardware. Standalone mode. CANNOT controll 2 programs with the same note on 2 different external synths controlling internal mpc x keygroups. The notes cancel eachother out. One mutes the other if hit at the same time. It's a well known important bug that AKAI refuses to fix. Probably a simple note on note off issue seeing as alot of people and videos have showed it. Also using an external synth that plays a sequence and then hitting the repeat button on the mpc will cancel out the whole sequence playing on say an arturia keystep. CANNOT PLAY INSTRUMENTS AT THE SAME TIME on different midi tracks means the MPC is truly not multitimbral.
By Lampdog Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:29 pm
Runeof1 wrote:CANNOT PLAY INSTRUMENTS AT THE SAME TIME on different midi tracks means the MPC is truly not multitimbral.

I don’t believe you.

By amgobel Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:15 pm
Just stumbled on this bug and thread after building a Novation SL Mkiii template with 8 separate MIDI channels controlling an 8-track MPC one template.

The SL can seamlessly switch between tracks, playing and recording multi-timbrally-- until two sequences try to play the same note. Even on separate channels!

This is over MIDI DIN and super frustrating.