MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:18 am
Come on man, you've been here long enough to know you need to give a bit more info :)

All third party VSTs? Specific ones (please state)? Which MacOS? Intel or silicon? AU plugins fine?

Also step by step on what you are doing. And what is crashing - the VST or MPC itself? Error messages?
By tonemelle Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:10 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Come on man, you've been here long enough to know you need to give a bit more info :)

All third party VSTs? Specific ones (please state)? Which MacOS? Intel or silicon? AU plugins fine?

Also step by step on what you are doing. And what is crashing - the VST or MPC itself? Error messages?

Well, I've been here long enough but I haven't been on here for as long as you might think..
Third-party plugins like Waves, OZone, Fabfilter, Soundtoy bundles, etc.

Basically, after the update, I opened up the DAW and my third-party plugins weren't there so when I used the plugin scanner and about 90% of my plugins scanned in as "crash" or "fail". Went back to the last update and my plugins scanned properly.

My OS is macOS Big Sur M1 11.6.3
Both VSTs and AUs were crashing in the new update
By MPC-Tutor Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:44 pm
I have some from those manufacturers and no problems, but I’m on Intel Mojave. Close the mpc software go to user library, application support, mpc, open mpc.settings file in a text editor and delete any references to plugins in that file that say failed or crashed etc. Relaunch rescan
By tonemelle Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:17 am
Marchtoamilli wrote:I'm having the same issue with 2.11.2. All of my Native Instruments vst's fail when scanning.

I'm running a 2020 M1 Macbook Air with Big Sur.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Also if anyone has a 2.10 download I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Could possibly be an M1 issue..Is anybody else using a 2020 M1 Macbook Air with Big Sur not experiencing this issue when using the plugin scanner?
By ancaja123 Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:13 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:I have some from those manufacturers and no problems, but I’m on Intel Mojave. Close the mpc software go to user library, application support, mpc, open mpc.settings file in a text editor and delete any references to plugins in that file that say failed or crashed etc. Relaunch rescan

Glad to know Mojave still works with 2.11, I am about to update my intel macbook from High Sierra to Mojave and was hoping this wouldn't be for nothing.
By tonemelle Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:28 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I have some from those manufacturers and no problems, but I’m on Intel Mojave. Close the mpc software go to user library, application support, mpc, open mpc.settings file in a text editor, and delete any references to plugins in that file that say failed or crashed, etc. Relaunch rescan

I tried this on my M1 MB Air on Big Sur. Still no luck.. And found none of those references in the file

Edit: Currently rescanning. Alot of "fail" plugins but now more of the Wave plugins are scanning in "OK" this time. It's still weird that I have to rescan the plugins after the update. Plugins don't show up after this update
By Kontaegis Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:29 am
Marchtoamilli wrote:I'm having the same issue with 2.11.2. All of my Native Instruments vst's fail when scanning.

Thanks!

Also looking for a 2.10 download lol. Seeing some issues with VSTs but haven't gotten far due to the pop click bug on drum pgms for me that's an ultimate buzzkill. Had an issue with echoboy disappearing from a track but I can still load it. But Soundtoys meant to run on M1 's I think this is an MPC issue TBH
By Lampdog Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:58 am
Kontaegis wrote:
Marchtoamilli wrote:.

Also if anyone a 2.10 download I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Also looking for a 2.10 download lol.

Go to the download page. It’s. Right. There.

By Kontaegis Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:20 pm

Thanks!

Check under bug reports for 2.11 someone linked us a desktop version of 2.10 for Macs ✅