MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By C-Bucs Rule Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:19 am
Greetings,

I cannot figure out how to delete Midi Mapping data under the "User" tab (below the Factory tab) in the Midi Learn Mode (Global). Somehow I accidentally saved like a billion of these using the duplicate function. I'd like to delete them in mass, but even when I tried to delete them one-by-one, this garbage refuses the bin.

This is my problem:
viewtopic.php?p=1840200

But when following the instructions, no luck.

Any ideas?
By Kasix Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:54 pm
I have the same problem (MPC Beats v 2.11.1, Win11). Hundreds of Midi mappings saved in the "User" category in "Midi Learn". I even saw them being created, when I turned a knob to map a "Q-link" to that knob with Midi Learn. When moving/turning the knob, new copies of an existing Midi mapping kept popping up. I ended up with 300+ copies of a midi mapping after having tried to map 2 or 3 "Q-links". Then I gave up.

The good news is, I found a way to delete them again. They are hidden under C:\ProgramData\Akai\MPC Beats\Midi Learn (in Win11). You have to change the settings of your file explorer, though, because "Program Data" is a hidden directory. Once you made it visible, you can just navigate to the directory and delete the hundreds of unwanted *.xmm files. Next time you start MPC Beats, they will not show up in your "User" Midi maps.

As an anecdote: I recently saw an official AKAI tutorial on how to manually map Midi channels (custom mapping). The guy from AKAI clicked on his "User" mappings, and he also had hundreds of copies of the same Midi mapping. He said something like: "As you can see I already created a lot of custom midi mappings". I think he did not even realize that they were all created by a bug in the software.

PS: If someone from AKAI reads this, please do something about it. I already started to look up prices for alternative DAW software, because of this (and other) bug(s).
By LaceSensor1 Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:58 pm
I have this same issue. I deleted the mapping files. This worked for a few minutes and now all of the copies are back?

It's like MPC Beats is automatically creating hundreds of copies.

What the heck is going on here and how do I stop this?
By LaceSensor1 Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:03 pm
I think this is a software bug. If you use the learn function while a factory preset is loaded (MPK225 in my case) then is bugs out and creates hundreds of copies.

To prevent this I would never click the learn button while a factory preset is selected. These don't seem to be modifiable anyways so no point to use the learn function on a factory preset.
By deZZed Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:39 am
I'm having the same problem. I'm using a MPK mini 3 and ending up with hundreds of User presets every time I try to use Midi Learn and Q-Links. I don't seem to have problems using midi learn with Pads. This bug is really annoying, I can barely get MIDI mapping to a useable state admist all of the useless copy presets.
By hionhifi Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:51 am
I have the same issue. It's a wonder this isn't report more often. I spent all day learning how to use this software only to find out that it won't consistently load my midi configuration. Everytime I launch the software it loads a different midi config. I've even exported and import my midi xmm files, still doesn't work right. Oh, well it was a good try AKAI. Maybe I'll come back in 6 months when they fix this. Seems like such a simple thing to get right midi mapping. I mean apps on my ipad do it simply and flawlessly.
By Samtric Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:47 am
Yes same problem with the "User" midi mapping and I sure it has caused problems else were in my software since midi mapping Q-Links .Especially the screen/ playhead ,in my case. I using the MPC 2 upgrade as well. Software is now unworkable.