MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By JDot Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:19 pm
When I select the any factory setting in midi learn it always puts a check mark next to a completely different one

I the mapping of the pads are mixed up and the knobs don’t do anything.
By Kasix Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:37 pm
Same for me. The "Midi Learn" function in MPC Beats (v 2.11.1 on Win11) is really messed up. Strange things happening there. I cannot even figure out how to save Midi mappings after I created adjusted them to my MPK mini 3. I start to question my decision to go with MPC ...
By TheDopeness Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:14 pm
:vomit: Yo it’s the most Annoying. Having to constantly remap deceived. I think this is a software issue. That plus the **** software CONSTANTLY crashes during the mapping. Someone told me click the anonymous data send and it should help didn’t work for me but may work for you. Kinda par for the course with the MPLS software in general.
By frankpain Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:14 pm
Kasix wrote:Same for me. The "Midi Learn" function in MPC Beats (v 2.11.1 on Win11) is really messed up. Strange things happening there. I cannot even figure out how to save Midi mappings after I created adjusted them to my MPK mini 3. I start to question my decision to go with MPC ...

Ditto
By deZZed Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:40 am
I am also having tons of issuse with midi mapping a MPK mini 3. Frustrating to say the least.
By hionhifi Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:53 am
Same here. I spent all day figuring out how to use this software and I'm happy with it. Thhhhhheeeeeeeeeen the midid situation. Totally invalidates everything I've learned today due to the midi. Not being able to use my midid controller is a deal breaker for me. Guess I'll go back to Logic Pro. Damn it. Beats itself is very useable.
By frankpain Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:27 pm
I ad to go into the Midi learn folders and delete all the presets that fixed it for me
C:programs/akai pro/MPC/midiblearn

THE NEXT FOLDER IS HIDDEN UNHIDE IN WINDOWS VIEW MENU

C:Program data/Akai pro/MPC/Midi learn
By Masi Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:10 pm
I had also issue like that on an MPC One. The machine kept forgetting mappings at all or screwed mappings up like changing the button mode. It was a total disaster.

I haven't tried it again after some OS updates later.

Masi
By Trensharo Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:12 am
MIDI Learn has been broken since 2.10 released.

Controllers that were practically flawless with the MPC Software (Maschine MK3, Oxygen Pro 49) became borderline unusable - except for triggering notes - once they launched that update. They never bothered to fix it, and I don't think it's a priority because they want people to buy Akai controllers, not use a competitor's.

I ended up just deciding to go to the Maschine 2 software, and I'm not really regretting it. But if Akai hadn't broken this I'd have stayed on the MPC Software.

Too invested in NI's ecosystem to care anymore. They lost me forever with a software update.