MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By LaceSensor1 Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:22 pm
Hello,

I'm a new user to MPC beats and using an MPK225 controller. I've figured out the basics of how to start a project and load in expansion packs etc...

I am a bit confused with the pads which are shown within the beats software. For example when I use the sample editor, the default pads show various playback options like "play from start" or "play from start (one shot)" etc... I'm confused why these do not map to my MPK controller when I click over to the sample editor page. I am still mapped to the program pads. Could someone please help me to understand the link between what I see on the MPC Beats software and my controller? Why doesn't the controller follow the mapping which I see on the MPC beats software, when I click over to the sample editor page?

A second question - is there anyway to clear a pad? I know how to load a sample by dragging and dropping the sample onto the pad. But I'm wondering how do I clear a pad from having a sample, or is this even possible?
By MPC-Tutor Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:49 pm
Have you activated the mpk225 mapping in mpc beats? I don’t have it in front of me but I believe you have to tap the mapping icon at the bottom right of the screen. Not sure if it changes for the different modes though

To quickly clear a pad you can drag over an empty pad to replace it. Might also be a clear option under edit > program
By LaceSensor1 Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:08 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Have you activated the mpk225 mapping in mpc beats? I don’t have it in front of me but I believe you have to tap the mapping icon at the bottom right of the screen. Not sure if it changes for the different modes though

To quickly clear a pad you can drag over an empty pad to replace it. Might also be a clear option under edit > program

Yep I sure have. The pads are working well for triggering the samples when I am on the main mode page. I was wanting to know why the pads don't trigger anything when I'm on the sample edit page.