MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Kanon Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:24 am
Hello,

Proud owner of MPC X here!
I am mostly work on a MacMini (M1, 2020, 16 GB, mac os Monterey) and everything worked fine untill 2.11 update of the MPC Software. After that, strange things starts happening, like that MPC Software failed to scan VST Instruments.

I have recently bought an MPC Studio and MPK Mini MK3 and it was sell with a package containing Hybrid 3, Velvet and mini grand.

First, I installed MPC 2.11 on my my oldest iMac 27 (i5, Late 2013, 20 GB, mac os Mojave). After that, I registered the new products in my InMusic account and then I downloaded, installed and activated all new plugins on my iMac through MPC Studio Software Manager and MPC Synth Content Manager.

Everything works fine on my iMac (i5) but when I tried to do exacly the same installations on my MacMini (M1) I faced the following problem.
MPC 2.11.5.19 failed to scan my VST Instruments including the new ones Velvent, Mini Grand and Hybrid 3.

I scanned again and again trying different combinations for the plugins folders on MPC Software Preferences but MPC Software failed to scan VST Instruments all the times.

Does anyone here faced the same problem?
If yes, is there any solution for this?
Or is it some kind of bug of MPC Software on M1?
By MPC-Tutor Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:37 am
Have you updated the plugins to their latest versions? You might need to download the updated installers from the Air site. According to this page they should now be supported on apple silicon

https://support.airmusictech.com/en/sup ... patibility

If no joy you might have to contact Akai or Air support.
By Kanon Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:59 pm
I installed the updates from the AIR website but it still didn't work!

Also, when I work in REAPER all plugins seem to work fine, including Velvet, Mini Grand and Hybrid 3.

So, that makes me think that it's not AIR's problem!

As it seems, I believe it has to do with the latest version of the MPC software.

Any other ideas on what the hell is going on?

Contacting AKAI or AIR is my last option as most companies don't care much about customers, so I'll try all other ways before contact them.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:38 pm
If that does work then it's possible you might be able to revert away from Rosetta after scanning, it might just need Rosetta to run the plug in scanner. Cannot confirm as I'm not currently on Apple silicon.

Otherwise, you'll have to just run MPC via Rosetta all the time (little bit of a performance hit). But do submit this as a bug report to Akai.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:22 am
I can confirm that 2.11 scans and loads VSTs fine when running in M1 native mode, but only if those VST plugins are themselves compatible with Apple silicon.ilter plugins So for example, Massive has not been updated for M1 compatibility and will not scan in MPC 2.11 - unless you run the MPC in Rosetta 2 mode. But you have to continue using Rosetta, otherwise the plugin completely disappears.

Alternatively, use the AU versions, which so far all seem to work in M1, including Massive, FM8 etc.