MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Masi Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:21 pm
AIR Para EQ is currenly driving me nuts. I want to adjust the mow mid frequency and it changes in giants steps, eg from 480 Hz to 525 Hz. And the values change extremely fast, so I have to be very careful with my mouse movements.

What am I missing? I cannot believe this is the way it is meant to work.

Masi
By MPC-Tutor Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:58 pm
If you have MPC hardware you can hold down SHIFT with the data wheel and the frequency changes in units of 3 Hz. Perhaps there is an equivalent in MPC Beats, such as holding down the shift key. Otherwise, you could try using a MIDI controller and assigning one of its dials to the EQ pot.
By Masi Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:38 pm
Is there a difference between MPC Beats, the free download version, and MPC, which you get with the hardware?

I tried holding shift, alt and ctrl - separately - while moving the mouse. Didn't make a difference. I tried double clicking for numeric entry as in some VST, but that didn't work either.

Masi
By C-Bucs Rule Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:52 pm
If have "inspector" open, have "pad channel" selected, hold "control" on your keyboard, and then drag the fader on the lower left corner of the screen you can move it in .01 increments. Maybe that will work here. You have to really move the mouse for it to move in those .01 increments.