MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By cyberluke Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:55 pm
Hi, I got a tip for you:

Install latest MPC Software on High Sierra.

You cannot run the standalone because it is unsupported.

But VST and AU MPC plugins do work!

So just install Studio One 5, which works on High Sierra and then use MPC VST inside it.

It works for me, including MPC Studio mk2 hardware.

My spec:

Application Studio One 5.5.0.85116 macOS x64
System macOS
Version 10.13.6
CPU Model Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400S CPU @ 2.50GHz
CPU Speed 2.50 GHz
CPU Cores 4
RAM 16.00 GB

(hard drive is updated to 512GB SSD)

The popup for standalone MPC software that it is unsupported is just a fake popup. It actually runs. We should spam Akai support, so the manager will take their stupid wrong decision back.

This is normal 64-bit Mac OS X. Windows 10 is on the market for many years and it is still supported, there are like 5 different Win10 major upgrade versions, same what they do on Mac OS X. And in Windows, it works on all Win 10 versions same as it should work on all 64bit Mac OS X versions.
And please save your comments about upgrading iMac. I work 20 years with computers, I know how it works and what I need. FYI I'm running also Firewire devices and 32-bit plugins wrapped in 64-bit DAW (such as Focusrite LiquidMix 32).
By Telefunky Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:41 pm
Imh experience only 2 versions of MacOS(X) stand out: Snow Leopard and Monterey...
The rest was a more or less annoying experience.
I wouldn‘t suggest upgrading an iMac, but consider the purchase of a MacMini M1 last year a great step forward (and a great bang for the buck, too).
Btw I‘m also (still) running Pro Tools TDM on a Mac G4 in OS 9.2 and will continue to do so.
It‘s great to NOT be pestered with update rubbish any more :smoker: :mrgreen:
By cyberluke Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:09 pm
Nah. I told I don't want to listen to any upgrade comments.

I have 10 computers here. I'm primarily Windows guy and have the newest i7 already.

M1 is processor based on ARM architecture - I know it pretty well.

I work as software developer and they always give me the latest Macbook Pro.

This is just non-sense off topic talk imho. You need to be able to know the person and their path in order to understand their decisions.