MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By cyberluke Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:03 pm
Hi, I just bought MPC Studio mk2. Previously I had MPC Live II, where everything was happening inside the device.

I found a big showstopper for me that ruins the whole MPC thing:

In Step Sequencer I can input only the first bar. The playhead does not switch bars automatically. It it possible?

There are buttons PAD BANK ABCDEFGH. There are buttons to move playhead position left and right. There is touch strip to control some stuff.

Why none of these controls change the bar number in step sequencer???

It looks like a bug,, right?

Even I turn on playhead follow icon in top right corner of MPC software, the behavior does not change.

Does anyone more experienced have a solution for this? I found only Youtube video and guy says: take your mouse in your hand, move over to Bar icon in software and click this button with your mouse.....Then why you buy MPC?

Is there some fix or workaround for this? MPC Support have 4 days holiday now and I'm in Europe.

Or can this MPC Software Bar + and Bar - button be mapped to any other external midi control to fix their own issue? Otherwise I think this MPC Studio mkII should go to trash. This is my 2nd unit. First unit they send faulty from Thomann.de and the lights did not turn on.

I make non-hiphop music at 140 BPM, so sometimes I need to make precise editing and not only overdub recording. This is possible on MPC Live II.
By cyberluke Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:13 pm
BTW: If you open MPC Software standalone there is Global midi mapping for: Step Sequencer Current Bar. If you map it to a 3rd party non-Akai midi controller and use fader or knob, you are able to change it. But this global mapping seems to be not working if MPC is run as VST (tried Ableton, Studio One and Reaper on both Mac and Win).
But still it seems MPC Studio mkII is either faulty because it does not update the pads when moving bar or there is some firmware/software bug.