MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By converted Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:08 am
Hi, I'm looking for pointers on using the MPC software as daw rather than recording stems from the Hardware into say into logic x for example.

the way I'm using my MPC one is standalone and then hooked up to a modular rack - I love the MPC one,

My thinking is at some point I would like to start building more detailed arrangements than may be possible with the song mode on the MPC - I was thinking at some point of recording audio stem tracks from the MPC / modular bits into logic pro x and then arranging more / mixing a bit more.

But would it make more sense to - open the projects from the MPC one into the desktop software (proving the same expansion packs are on my desktop machine/plug-ins). then just record the audio parts in for the modular stuff into the audio tracks and work from there?

Maybe a bit excessive to record all mpc stems into logic for example if the MPC desktop software will open and play it as on the hardware.

any thoughts
By MPC-Tutor Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:04 pm
The software has the same audio track limitations/features as the hardware, so while you might find physically editing audio a bit easier with a mouse and the bigger waveform etc, the arrangement options are identical and just as basic as they are in standalone.

If you are going to continue working on a track in your computer you'll definitely benefit from moving it to a proper DAW. The MPC Software is not a proper DAW (IMO). You might also get some further mileage from running the MPC as a plugin inside your DAW.
By converted Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:09 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:The software has the same audio track limitations/features as the hardware, so while you might find physically editing audio a bit easier with a mouse and the bigger waveform etc, the arrangement options are identical and just as basic as they are in standalone.

If you are going to continue working on a track in your computer you'll definitely benefit from moving it to a proper DAW. The MPC Software is not a proper DAW (IMO). You might also get some further mileage from running the MPC as a plugin inside your DAW.

I guess it's easy to just run the plug in the daw and bounce the tracks across the channels as wav files or
explode tracks as waves from the hardware and import them -- to work on further