MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By r1ght30us1 Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:53 pm
I have a setup of an MPC studio, an MPK Mini Mk2 and an MPD226 using MPC 2.0 software..

For some reason pad perform only works on the MPC studio, when you fiddle about with the scales, octaves, chords, etc it only registers on the MPC studio and the other 2 controllers just play the exact same notes every time.

Its a real head scratcher and very annoying when silly little things like this are present.. I have all the controllers set as sync, track, global, etc in the preferences. Would greatly appreciate any help or advice.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:58 pm
Have you configured the global MIDI learn settings to match your controller (shift & cmd & L) . If this doesn't work you can map the pads manually. But pad perform support for non-mpc controllers seems erratic 'out of the box', I've yet to find any controller that worked, including Akai's own MPK/MPD.
By r1ght30us1 Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:24 pm
Thanks for reply man!

Yeah i have done all that. I have a setup where the 3 banks of 4 Q-Links on the MPD226 are utilized and the first bank on the MPK. I am yet to even find a use for the faders on the 226 and can't find anywhere what they could be used for or how to utilize them..

Would i perhaps be right in saying that maybe pad perform doesn't work because both the 226 and MPK have their own "set in stone" configs for each key or pad and that key or pad is configured to always play that note regardless.. I suppose to use pad perform on these you would need to change the config presets every time which isn't really feasible..

The MPK does have buttons on it where you can change the octaves so i guess that's something..