MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By TsTrips Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:00 am
What's happening Mpc heads. Need some help finding a solve for streaming mpc beats into discord or brave browser voice calls, or something like it.

TL;DR - I'm trying to colab with the homie in MPC beats over discord (or something like it) but asio won't stream directly to windows audio by design. So I'm unable to screenshare with audio so he can hear what I'm laying down in a sequence etc. I run asio with a MOTU M4 external audio device.

I've been researching this for a week and have already tried: jack, obs, reastream vst, vbcable, and parcec is not possible due to his internet connection... I've tried pretty much everything I could find with no luck. YT has a bunch of people successfully streaming their daw sound over a server or virtual call but they all use reaper, abelton or other daws, but not mpc beats. Don't want to pay for zoom (only gives you 40 min free per call), or another video app, p2p etc.

Question is - anyone in the mpc software community know how to use asio in mpc beats with their external audio device, connect through a voice/video chat program, share their video/audio screen, where the other person can hear the audio from the daw. Would need a mic audio to come through at the same time.

if you've made it this far in this post, good lookin out any help would be appreciated.

peace
By TsTrips Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:20 am
TsTrips wrote:What's happening Mpc heads. Need some help finding a solve for streaming mpc beats into discord or brave browser voice calls, or something like it.

TL;DR - I'm trying to colab with the homie in MPC beats over discord (or something like it) but asio won't stream directly to windows audio by design. So I'm unable to screenshare with audio so he can hear what I'm laying down in a sequence etc. I run asio with a MOTU M4 external audio device.

I've been researching this for a week and have already tried: jack, obs, reastream vst, vbcable, and parcec is not possible due to his internet connection... I've tried pretty much everything I could find with no luck. YT has a bunch of people successfully streaming their daw sound over a server or virtual call but they all use reaper, abelton or other daws, but not mpc beats. Don't want to pay for zoom (only gives you 40 min free per call), or another video app, p2p etc.

Question is - anyone in the mpc software community know how to use asio in mpc beats with their external audio device, connect through a voice/video chat program, share their video/audio screen, where the other person can hear the audio from the daw. Would need a mic audio to come through at the same time.

if you've made it this far in this post, good lookin out any help would be appreciated.

peace

quick edit - I know that loopback mode on the MOTU might help solve for this but the homie's sound card doesn't have that available so hoping for a solve outside of that.
By 83dude Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:43 am
You could set a virtual device (Blackhole or Soundflower on mac; I guess the tools you mentioned work similarly) as Discord‘s input device. You‘d need to monitor your microphone via MPC Beats‘ sampler input while setting that tool as output.

Drawback: you won‘t hear what you‘re doing. Maybe use a second discord account for that, e.g. via mobile?

Other than that, the bottleneck you mentioned would be your dude‘s internet connection. Remember, you won‘t be able to jam along in realtime, since VoIP always introduces lag making it impossible to do so.