MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By peakyd Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:05 am
Hey so I just bought an AKAI MPK mini mk3 and it came with mpc beats. I used to have a NI Maschine so im not a total noob when it comes to midi hardware. My questions is how do I hit a pad and then have what ever sample or instrument was on that pad then laid out in the keyboard so I can play on the keyboard instead of having a single note on the pad it was allocated to. cheers.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:25 am
You need to map the sample to a 'keygroup' type program. Two ways to do this; first, change the current track type from DRUM to KEYGROUP, and in PROGRAM EDIT for the resulting blank keygroup program, assign your sample to the default keygroup (1), it will be instantly mapped across the keyboard/all pads.

Alternatively, assign the sample to a pad in a drum program and go to 'Tools > Current Sample to keygroup'.
By peakyd Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:36 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:You need to map the sample to a 'keygroup' type program. Two ways to do this; first, change the current track type from DRUM to KEYGROUP, and in PROGRAM EDIT for the resulting blank keygroup program, assign your sample to the default keygroup (1), it will be instantly mapped across the keyboard/all pads.

Alternatively, assign the sample to a pad in a drum program and go to 'Tools > Current Sample to keygroup'.

beauty thanks mate.
By peakyd Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:43 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:

hey am i tripping?!?! this path was working fine yesterday Tools > current sample to keygroup.... was exactly what i needed... i updated mpc beats and now i cant see that option anymoree? did they remove it or am i just trippin? cheers.