MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By 2000XLtoOne Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:22 am
I'm on a Mac. I'm trying to use my MPC as a controller for the MPC software. From my understanding, you need a driver for it to connect. The problem is, I don't get an option to download the driver.

When I install "MPC 2 Installer (MAC), I don't get the modal where you have the option to install the MPC 2 Software and also select your machine (MPC One in my case) to download the driver. In videos, this modal comes out. For me, I just get the traditional gray box with "intro, license, destination select, installation type, installation, summary". When install it, it just gives me the MPC 2.0 software. Can anyone help? Thank you.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:19 am
Yes, looks like they've have removed that 'select model' screen on the installer, but I actually have no idea where the driver installers are now located. I've checked the MPC Software installer and they are not inside the package, nor are they in your akai/inMusic account. I will ask around to see what's what.
By 2000XLtoOne Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:10 pm
Thank you for the quick reply! My theory was I'm on the Ventura OS (latest one), so I was thinking that may have triggered a different type of layout. However, if you are an older OS then that may not be the cause.

I was thinking of downloading a "legacy" MPC Installer (one that has the older modal with driver). I'm not sure if that's possible or might mess things up.