MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By BigEZ77 Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:49 am
Hey All,

First post and first MPC product (Key 61). Emailed Akai support awhile ago but no response as of yet so thought I’d try posting here…

Wondering, is there any way to record midi direct into DAW from my MPC using the MPC2 plugin? Basically like I’d be able to with any VST. This makes it easier for my workflow…edit midi in Logic immediately after recording (instead of on the MPC). I’ve searched online extensively and can’t find anything about this.

If that’s not yet a feature in MPC2, is there another workflow that would get me to my end goal? I guess I can always export the midi from the MPC after the fact (PITA extra step), but would still need to track along in sync with the DAW project.

Cheers!

Russell
By Lampdog Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:06 pm
What I've had success with is MPC X connects with MPC Software.
In DAW (I've used Reaper) open the MPC Software as a VST in order to edit MPC midi.

I've been trying to do this SAME thing with my MPC Keys61 but it just continues "looking for computer".
MPC Keys61 can be seen in Explorer/Finder but never actually connects with MPC Software.
My MPC X connects right away though.
By BigEZ77 Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:50 pm
Thx, I can connect the Key 61 with the plugin no problem in Logic, but am wondering how you're getting the midi from the plugin into your DAW to edit it in the DAW piano roll? And are you getting the midi live into the DAW while recoding or transferring from the plugin after recording?
By 83dude Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:13 am
Use MIDI Control mode, page 208 in the manual. (I checked with MPC Software manual 2.11.2!)