MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By UKUDO Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:26 pm
Hi, I just wanted to use my mpc one within FL Studio (mpc Software plugin). Couldn't use the transport buttons. Tried some preferences when the popup showed up "to use transport buttons, first install internal midi drivers" (sth like that)

So I clicked OK, got the installer, a warning like "executable by akai professional... Do you trust it?" after installation nothing changed. So I tried looking up the program sitting in the task bar named "internalmidimon" but couldn't find much but some weird sites.

I uninstalled it, but I'm wondering. So, anyone know this program?
By UKUDO Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:53 pm
No, the popup was in FL studio. Perfectly matching the window layout. Not even a Web browser open. No third party plugins installed or sth like that. That's why I was not suspicious.
By Lampdog Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:14 pm
I would only install something I download directly from Akai website.
If fact I have installed the midi drivers from Akai and I've never had a pop-up problem afterwards.
This is also one of the many reasons some don't connect their studio computers to internet.
By UKUDO Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:29 pm
Lampdog wrote:
This is also one of the many reasons some don't connect their studio computers to internet.

I don't have a dedicated studio computer...yet.

However I removed it from the system and so far there is no trace left. Running some scans now. I have also checked again. There seems to be no installer .exe. (Seems like) It installed from within FL studio or the MPC Software.
By Lampdog Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:43 pm
I think everyone who's used MPC Software has at some point installed the midi drivers.
I've never had the pop-up problems, I hardly ever use the software anyway.
By UKUDO Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:03 am
Yes, all the midi drivers for the MPC software are installed. I used the Plu-In mode a few times. But I never used it with the MPC in FL Studio before.

I wanted to use the FL Plugins for visual EQ, as I have one track with clashing low frequencies, that I cannot resolve in standalone mode.
Typically I would bounce the tracks for finishing, but I wanted to have a better Mix on the MPC and not just on the finished track.

But O.K. Guess I will check twice before installing driver/software from within the DAWs.
By JameRose Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:32 am
I know this is an old post but there is no need for alarm. Not many people know but after you install MPC software, if you go to your Akai folder in Program Files, and look in the Support folder there is this Internal Midi driver that you stumbled across. Whenever you want to open MPC as a vst in another DAW, this is the driver that it is referring to when you get the popup. Not sure why Windows gives the "not trusted" crap, but it's completely safe.