MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Garym5 Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:55 pm
Hello All,

I am having a headache trying to figure out something in relation to sample playback volume in the MPC software.

When using Sample Trim/Chop mode why is the volume extremely loud when you add the sample to the edit window.

I have my levels set on the outputs for my audio interface and speakers etc without clipping but when I playback the sample to chop on each pad etc the signal is too loud.
When sifting through the samples in the folder on my ex hd etc you have the volume option to lower it but when its added to the sample chop window it's at full volume - understandably its original volume etc but is there a way to lower this ???

https://images2.imgbox.com/68/35/ORC31m ... nload=true

Please advise

Thanks!!
By Garym5 Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:08 pm
Is the only way to do this a gain change ? I seem to have to drop the samples each by -14DB which is crazy

When a full volume sample gets sent to a program its fine as you can change the volume of each pad or program etc but the sample editor is far too loud
By Lampdog Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:15 pm
Trim /chop is designed to show you the raw unadulterated sample, the og sample, no filters, no efx, raw dog sample.

It’s not a bug, not an error.
By Garym5 Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:04 pm
Lampdog wrote:Trim /chop is designed to show you the raw unadulterated sample, the og sample, no filters, no efx, raw dog sample.

It’s not a bug, not an error.

Is there anyway to turn down the volume while chopping it up as its extremely loud ?

Only gain change is available ?
By Lampdog Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:43 pm
If it’s there then use it.