MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By DonnieBoon Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:47 pm
I bought an mpc one gold and paid extra for the vst suite with FABRIC, FABRIC XL, Stage Piano, Stage Strings, OpX4, organ…
The seller is not answering about license transfer, but is still logged into the mpc when I check in activate plugins.
Can I use these plugins by just downloading the drivers and whatever about the license transfer then? Dude is a real shit head pullingnthis and ghosting me…
Thanks anyone who can answer in Canada gets $20 bucks e-transfer. Hit me up asap!
By Lampdog Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:17 pm
If he cuts his account one day you'll have no more plugins.
You can contact Akai and let them know, they may require you to register under your account and re-purchase all of them, not sure.
By NearTao Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:47 pm
It's going to be on the seller to make this right. While it is worth reaching out to Akai, they are unlikely to transfer over the licenses without the seller telling them to do this, and since the seller has control over activation from his account, he could deactivate the device in the future, leaving you without the plugins.

I'm not even sure if anybody has made it clear if the licenses could (or would) be transferred by Akai. My advice is to work through it and either get the seller to cleanly transfer them to your account, or to make sure you get some kind of partial refund due to the licenses not being properly transferred over.

Good luck!