MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By BobOD Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:38 pm
Hey all, MPC Software newbie question. Just got an MPC One and started playing around with the software on a road trip where I don't have it connected and noticed that you can download the factory samples and demos, etc. from the Akai site. Do you need to do that if you aren't connected (as I am for a week or so) or are they built into the standard installation of the software?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bob
By MPC-Tutor Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:47 am
sl23 wrote:Seriously? Why's that? Seems a complete waste if you don't want those instruments that come with it. The space could be used for other stuff!

What stuff though? Unless you hack the firmware you cannot transfer files back and forth to the internal factory drive, so life is a lot easier if you use an attached disk to store all your sound libraries and projects.

But yes, run an SSH hacked MPC and you can transfer whatever content you wish to the internal drive via SFTP.

I talk about the internal drive near the bottom of the following article:

https://www.mpc-tutor.com/bounce-to-aud ... s-the-fix/