MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By WavyJonez19 Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:26 pm
How do I get my samples to flow smoothly in the main grid home screen. When I’m making a sequence. The sequence seems like it has gaps and clashes when I’m recording my sample sequence. Is it because I don’t have a mouse and am using my laptop and mpc studio mk2 to record my sample sequence. I understand TC and Tempo help but what’s the point of the mpc studio if it’s not accurately placed in the grid without a mouse all the time for a smooth sequence. I’m new to mpc. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated and thanks.
By kaydigi Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:42 pm
WavyJonez19 wrote:How do I get my samples to flow smoothly in the main grid home screen. When I’m making a sequence. The sequence seems like it has gaps and clashes when I’m recording my sample sequence. Is it because I don’t have a mouse and am using my laptop and mpc studio mk2 to record my sample sequence. I understand TC and Tempo help but what’s the point of the mpc studio if it’s not accurately placed in the grid without a mouse all the time for a smooth sequence. I’m new to mpc. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated and thanks.

Did you check your latency in preferences ? Turn off TC adjust your latency and try again
By WavyJonez19 Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:41 am
kaydigi wrote:
WavyJonez19 wrote:How do I get my samples to flow smoothly in the main grid home screen. When I’m making a sequence. The sequence seems like it has gaps and clashes when I’m recording my sample sequence. Is it because I don’t have a mouse and am using my laptop and mpc studio mk2 to record my sample sequence. I understand TC and Tempo help but what’s the point of the mpc studio if it’s not accurately placed in the grid without a mouse all the time for a smooth sequence. I’m new to mpc. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated and thanks.

Did you check your latency in preferences ? Turn off TC adjust your latency and try again

What will latency do to it?
By kaydigi Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:21 pm
WavyJonez19 wrote:

Helps reduce input lag when you are hitting the pads on the studio. Turn off timing correct and check which latency option works best for you .

And try it with a straight easy two bar loop chopped up in 1/8ths or 1/4ths , that way it’s easy to see what’s going on with your pad playing
By WavyJonez19 Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:50 pm
kaydigi wrote:
WavyJonez19 wrote:

Helps reduce input lag when you are hitting the pads on the studio. Turn off timing correct and check which latency option works best for you .

And try it with a straight easy two bar loop chopped up in 1/8ths or 1/4ths , that way it’s easy to see what’s going on with your pad playing

Thank you so much for the help. I’m going to try that out and get back to you when I did.