MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By congellous Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:28 am
MPC 2.11.7
I have had a big drop in performance sometimes 2 plug in's and its topping out
I have a fast PC that used to handle massive projects
I have cleared up space but it's CPU

HELP
By congellous Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:08 pm
Hi thanks man
I'm on a Renaissance
Latest windows not 11
Any plug ins really but specially big ones

When I go to - Help - Check for updates
nothing happens and I can't find a link to 2.12
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:57 pm

It should be there to download alongside your hardware registrations. Although I assume if you are on a Renaissance you likely bought the MPC 2 upgrade as a separate purchase.

You can also download the trial, which is the full version for you as you have already activated: https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-software-2

BTW if the update isn't working in the MPC Software, make sure you haven't blocked the MPC Software in your firewall.
By congellous Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:32 am
So my main problem seems to be Arturia and waves plug ins - I used to be able to do a full project without to many glitches but now I'm maxing out the CPU without using too much.
I went back to MPC 1.9 and that was better but still bad and I have a i9 Alienware m2 that runs anything and like I said used to be ok
Can I disable any of the new in built features or could my plug ins folder be the issue
By congellous Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:20 am
If anyone is interested I now sample the track as I'm arranging save the sample
open in new arrangement then use the Arturia over top sample and go back to the arrangement
As MPC is prone to crashing in the middle of a session you don't loose everything

You must not trust MPC to not crash and work like you are about to loose your session at all times
Unlike Abelton Live that I have had zero problems with in that respect