MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By DBurkeM Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:43 pm
M1 Macbook Pro running Ventura 13.4.1
MPC2 version 2.12.1

Have a project I've been working on for a bit. Doubled up the bars to 128. Loaded my project in MPC2 software. When I attempt to mute tracks, as is my usual workflow, the software crashes. Just straight up closes.

This has happened with just the MPC2 software running and also with my MPC Live 2 in standalone mode. I've tried running the MPC software in Logic as a VST but get the same results. Have tried re-saving the project to my MPC Live 2's SSD instead of running the project from the SD card. Same result.

Have tried muting tracks in my MPC Live 2 directly and it seems to work fine, however, I find it difficult to arrange by muting tracks on the hardware as I cannot see all tracks at once like I can in the MPC2 software.

Very frustrating. Have opened a ticket with Akai.

Any additional suggestions I haven't thought of that I should try? Could it be the project itself that's the issue?