MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By cyrano45 Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:32 pm
Hello,

I am new to this product and having a wonderful experience so far. I have been taking the tutorials to learn the MPC Beats software and have noticed that when I use the pads for either drum beats or piano/synth notes the sustaining notes wobble (for lack of a better word).

On beats there seems to be a slight latency issue and I have to hit pretty hard to get the beat or note but then it wobbles up and down in volume. If I use my mouse to click the corresponding pad it sustains the note until I release it. If I use my fingers and hold it wobbles but adds a peak when I release.

I've adjusted the velocity which seems to help a little and have read to go into preferences to change Pad Sensitivity (which currently says "8 - Normal") but appears to be locked up so I can do nothing to it.

How can I adjust the physical pads to respond closer to using the mouse in the software?
By christianR Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:54 pm
I think it is due to the aftertouch function that is activated on all your pads.

You can change it, using the MPK-mini-plus Programm Editor.
In Global Settings, you can change the aftertouch configuration (Global Pad Aftertouch Type = OFF).