MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By sl23 Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:04 am
I can't remember off hand, but im unable to find certain plugins in the software. When I go to track and select a plugin, not all of them appear in the list. Does anyone know why that is?

I'll compile a list of which plugins don't appear later. Its all the stock ones that came with my live 2, not every single one, just certain plugins. Bass line might be one. Odyssey another I think.
By 83dude Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:27 am
sl23 wrote:Bass line might be one. Odyssey another I think.

My first (and unqualified) guess would be that you didn‘t install the SYNTHS folder. Can‘t help you much there, since it has been a long time since I needed to do that. :-D
By sl23 Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:30 pm
Thanks for the replies.
Yeah sure, probably should've waited til I had all the facts!

But to answer about the SYNTHS folder, I installed everything that came with the live 2 via the inmusic site, using the installers. So this should be a part of that installation, yes?
By sl23 Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:23 pm
Ok, so I've just looked up all the VST's for the MPC Software 2 that I downloaded and installed.
Here is a list of things that are installed and I know they are as I have found evidence all over my C drive...

DB-33 *
    Loom *
    Mini Grand *
    Odyssey
    Session Drums 1 *
    The Riser *
    Vacuum Pro *
    Velvet *
    Xpand2 *

Those marked with an asterisk have actual .dll files that can be loaded in another DAW.
All of these though are unavailable in the MPC2 Software.

EDIT: Uninstalled and reinstalled Loom to see if that was an issue, no change. Also, none of these appear in either the Track/Plugin selector or in the Plugin Manager window.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:48 pm
For all apart from Odyssey: Have you gone to 'edit > preferences > plugins' and:

1) set your VST plugin path
2) made sure the checkbox next to that path is checked
3) Scan new plugins

All those plugins should show in 'scanning' list, hopefully with a light blue 'ok' message when finished scanning. Now they should be available to select on a plugin track, under 'VST'.

Odyssey should be installed as a native MPC plugin, via the 'preferences > activate plugins' screen.
By sl23 Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:08 pm
No paths were set! Oddly though, other VST's were in the list, namely:
The 809
The Bank
The Noise
The Wub
I have tried these but they're poor stability was not worth it!

Anyway, after adding the standard system path to VSTplugins, one showed up in the Track Plugin selector, Odyssey. Which also now shows in the Plugin Manager. Nothing else appeared though.

Ok, so I just did a Scan New, and all found plugins appeared in the window that were missing. But it says Ignore in Red on the left and Skipped at the end of the file name.

So< I then checked iLok and found that everything is no longer activated, except the software and a few others. But one that IS activated is Session Drums, which doesn't show up in the Track Plugin selector or the Plugin Manager.

The issue, I found out, is that it has all become DEACTIVATED in the iLok software! Jesus! They expect people to buy their shit when it does that? Imagine that happened when you're just about to go on stage!!! :Sigh:

Thanks for the help Andy, least it got me searching in the right places. :mrgreen: