MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By sl23 Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:14 pm
Everything is up to date, Live2, Software, Plugins.

Ok so I almost lost my Live2 the other day due to a weird turn of events, don't laugh!
My Live2 was left in a Roland Laptop bag and someone in my house left a pumpkin right above it overhanging the bag. What happens to pumpkins? Well, they start to rot after a week or so! All the juice ended up seeping out into my bag all over my shiny MPC!!!! :twisted: :Sigh:

Anyway, got me thinking, if I lose my L2 in some way, how to recover my projects? So I opened the MPC Software, connected my L2, backed up all Projects, went to the Software and tried to Load a Project... except... I can't! Why is there no option to browse to a folder with a standard Load command like in 99.99999999999% of applications?

How do I browse to a folder to load a project? I have figured out that I can archive a project using Export in the menu. This Archive is simply a renamed ZIP file and is associated with the Software, so a double click allows you to extract it then open it in the Software, but the Load Recent only stores 10 Projects, so it is useless! I know I can also double click any Project.xpj file as well, but I just don't understand how loading can't be done through the software.

Does anyone here use the MPC Software without an MPC and know how to load a project that doesn't appear in the Load Recents menu?

Thanks for any guidance... :worthy:
By MPC-Tutor Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:55 pm
If you have a folder containing all your backed up projects, just drag the .XPJ into the MPC Software and it will load. If you want to load from within the software, open the File Browser (shortcut F) and browse to the location through that (make sure the project filter, or 'all files' filter is enabled). Can't remember the last time I did that though, I just drag XPJ files into the software from Finder.
By sl23 Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:17 pm
Thanks Andy. :-D
I just can't believe there's no load function in the main menu.
How on earth did you know about the File Browser shortcut? :shock:
By MPC-Tutor Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:27 pm
I've been using the MPC Software since version 0.4, I think it always had a file browser, I just find it quicker to use Mac Finder and drag things in, the file browser is very restrictive (e.g. cannot drag multiple sounds to pads at once).

But yes, weird that there's no 'File > Open' option.