MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By McDeath Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:22 am
Hello

Im super new on all of this creating digital music stuff :-D . I've learned through the time but now i am find myself at a little bit of a block here :hmmm: .

I want to insert a sample that lasts the whole duration of the song but the only way that i can do that, is to make several cuts in the background sample and paste each cut in its respective sequence, hoping the cuts are well done, hoping that i don't have the need in the future to change the sequences order :Sigh: .

So, having said that, and sorry for the lack of a good technical english (not my native language), is there a way that i can just load the sample in song mode, and therefore separated from the sequences? Or some other way, maybe? :wink:

Thank you a lot! :worthy:
By MeSoHordey Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:01 am
My understanding is that you cannot have a single sample (or in my case vocal) that spans multiple sequences. I knew this going in, but it's definitely a drawback that isn't super obvious.

I would be thrilled if someone here could prove me wrong on this.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:44 am
Each audio track is tied to the length of the sequence it is part of, so the way to run something under a whole song is to build the song in song mode, convert to a singe sequence and then add your audio track.

Older MPCs had a 'second sequence' option, but new MPCs don't have this. The MPC5000 let you place an audio track across an entire song in song mode (audio tracks were completely separate to sequences), but again, this was not carried over to the new MPCs.