MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Elion Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:09 am
hi yall

i just got mpc beats, im new to mpc software, and what's happening is that when i load a sound i see it loading then that disappears i look at plug in menu nothing was loaded. then i try to load same sound and it says sample exists do you want to replace. im having difficulty with this. does anyone know what is happening?!
By MPC-Tutor Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:58 am
Plugins and samples are separate things. Load a sample and assign it to a pad in a program, or edit it in sample edit mode. View all samples in your project from the project window. I think at this stage you first need to go to the help menu and check out the user guide for an overview of the core features, plus check out akais mpc beats academy

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... gn4V_d_Kxv

If you have specific questions about anything feel free to post them here
By Elion Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:40 pm
thanks! yes it was a bug i uninstalled mpc beats and reinstalled it now its working fine and im learning thank you. so far so good.,
By Elion Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:08 am
well at least i thought it was fixed. now when i double click mpc f9 sounds nothing happens it loads without being loading to menu screen plug in. im lost it really dont make sense unless im missing something here.
By Elion Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:33 am
i watched all videos on mpc academy.... but it shows me how i load the f9 instruments , i do same thing but what i see is that it loads then doesnt load in area where plug in shows. then when i reload it it says sample exists.im confused... i dont know where the sound is going because it says it exists already.
By 83dude Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:58 am
If you load samples, they go to the project bin. Most F9 instruments are keygroup programs. Change your track type to that and you‘ll find them there. Plugin tracks are for Hype, Electric etc. („pure“ plugins).
By MPC-Tutor Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:10 am
From your posts it just sounds like you are still not understanding fundamental MPC terminology. I really recommend you just take a look at the MPC Beats user guide, for example page 13 covers all the core MPC concepts and will explain the differences between programs, tracks, plugins, keygroups, drum kits etc.

https://cdn.inmusicbrands.com/akai/M22D ... 2.11.7.pdf

I know it sounds like a 'read the manual' response, but in this case it makes sense to point you to an existing resource that already covers the information that you seem to need.

In short, from the F9 expansion, load a keygroup instrument (XPM file), assign it to a 'KEYGROUP' type track and play with your pads or an attached keyboard. Plugins are a different thing to keygroups, so are irrelevent if you are working with the F9 expansion.