MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Ricardo Grilli Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:38 am
Hi all, hope you're all well, first time posting here.
Currently own an MPC X, love it as a standalone, all is well.
I would alos like to use it to play some drums over a track i recorded on logic pro.
I have the latest MPC2 software installed, MPC in controller mode, creat a software instrument on logic, the MPC shows up, but the i get an error saying that MPC is already running on the computer and it only allows one instance of MPC to run.
I read about using MPC essentials instead of the regular software but don't see essentials anywhere anymore.

All I'm really looking to do is using the MPC as a controller to lay down some drums over the track on logic.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Running a 2023 macbook pro.

thank you all
By RandomVibration Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:59 am
Not sure understand how you set up MPC Software to run with Logic Pro but wouldn’t it be easier to just use a MIDI controller with pads for this? It simplifies the signal path.

I have three MPCs and when working inside a DAW (Studio One, Ableton Live), I’d rather use a M-Audio controller, an Akai controller, or a stage piano. It makes life much simpler.

Seems like on Apple products, you can MIDI In/ Out between softwares. Is that what you’re doing?