MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By McMoody Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:24 pm
Hey all,

Installed Akai MPC2, and MPC Beats via MPC Installer app no matter if trying to drag n drop as an instrument or load manually the instrument won’t load. This is same for MPC2, or MPC Beats (VST3, VST2, or AU).

No issue running either as standalone app.

Anyone else having this issue?

Also, the installer seems to limited as to allowing to choose exactly where the VST is installed, and doesn’t allow me to choose 32 bit or 64 bit.

Where does the VST install to by default?
By NebuMB Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:21 pm
I had the same issue. Neither the AU or VST won't load on Studio One 6.5. The MPC software works on the standalone app. The issue is with Personus, because the AU and VST plugins loads normal on Ableton. The Only version of Studio One 6 that has no problem with loading the MPC AU and VST plugins is StudioOne 6.0.1. Go to your presonus account and download an earlier version.
By mrmarbury Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:37 pm
Let's face it ... the MPC VST and AU is just outdated and broken sh*t. For me it stopped working when I switched from Intel to Silicon Mac. According to Akai and "Plugin Architect" their plugins are Apple Silicon compatible. But none of my DAWs that don't run in Rosetta mode do even list the VST or AU. Like Cubase for example. I bet Akai has messed something up here.