MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By DaMentul Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:59 pm
Hello everyone, first post here.

Me: owner of the MPC live since 2018 and bought OPx4 on top of that.

I attempted to install the new MPC Software 2.13 on my Surface Pro X running Windows on ARM (WoA), but encountered the usual issues – unsuccessful, as always.

I've been using my Surface Pro X for about 1.5 years now, primarily docked as my main machine with 2x 2k monitors and a Focusrite 8i6 (drivers for WoA are available), and I've been very happy with it. However, I'm facing difficulties installing the MPC software for controller mode work with a larger screen. I'm unsure about compatibility issues with WoA, as Reaper with FX and MuseScore run flawlessly on the Surface Pro X. I seldom use more than the stock plugins anyway.

If the MPC software and plugins are ARM-supported, it would alleviate the hassle of bouncing and importing audio files over USB for reaper. Though that's an okay workflow, simply being able to install the software with the stock VSTs on my Surface Pro X would be a significant relief. I believe that's the advantage they envisioned in developing the software.

Will this be supported in the foreseeable future? Is there a rodmap somewhere hidden behind the Internet? Can't find anything on that..