MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By GARNETTBREAKS Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:54 pm
It would appear the the studio mk1 is now obsolete .
It's not supported for use with stems.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:09 pm
The Studio Mk1 has been discontinued for many years now, you will not see it mentioned in any compatibility lists as Akai no longer sell it nor promote it in any way.

But stems is an MPC Software add-on, and the Studio is an MPC Software controller.

I just tested my silver Mk 1 with MPC 2.14 running the most up to date driver and you can access stems from sample edit > process > stems, works perfectly. However there is seemingly no option to launch stems from program edit, nor any way to enable 'edit all layers', so you would have to do that directly in the MPC Software (unless there's a hidden shortcut, but I doubt it).
By GARNETTBREAKS Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:31 pm
Thank you for the information.
The problem I have is actually the downloading 2.14 update for the software, when I click check updates nothing happens and when I try and manually download it comes up with an error message stating the MPC is not recognised.
I'm sure there must be a way to download the 2.14 update without a modern MPC connected to the computer, the frustrating thing is finding out how!
Any information greatly appreciated.
By GARNETTBREAKS Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:53 am
I don't see any option to download 2.14 from either my Akai account or the in-music site. Previously they have automatically been offered once I log on to MPC software. Could it be without connecting a modern MPC, they will not offer the upgrade?
By Merrick1 Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:53 pm
Rokgod wrote:Stems is software only right now so I would imagine it should work as long as you can download the new software update

Since Stems is currently software-based, compatibility should rely on downloading the latest updates. It sounds promising for future use!
By GARNETTBREAKS Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:39 pm
That's what I don't understand, I have paid for the 2.0 software when it first came out and have been updating accordingly, just no way of updating to 2.14 successfully .
By GARNETTBREAKS Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:55 pm
Please forget my last post, I did as you said downloaded the trial version and it automatically took me to 2.14.
Many thanks for your time and expertise.