Dedicated to all things DJing from gear, tricks, tips, mods, news and reviews
By QuentinB Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:29 am
Curiously thinking about buying a usb turn table to use with my mpc one. I’ve never scratched so I’m total noob at this aspect of the game. Any suggestions on a device to start with? :hmmm: :popcorn:
By Elpimpo Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:52 am
As with everything in the world, It really depends on what your budget is:

This one, however, punches above its weight class and has won hundreds of comparisons since it debuted.
If its in your budget, I highly suggest this one, its an SL1200 clone

It is LITERALLY sold out everywhere with a 1-2 month back order (for damn good reason).
But you may be able to find it sooner

Audio Technica LP120X USB
https://www.audio-technica.com/en-us/tu ... -lp120xusb

Note: for $50 more there's also a Bluetooth capable version if that interests you. model LP120xBT
By CharlesRandolph Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:33 am
QuentinB wrote:Curiously thinking about buying a usb turn table to use with my mpc one. I’ve never scratched so I’m total noob at this aspect of the game. Any suggestions on a device to start with? :hmmm: :popcorn:

Not sure about USB! But when it comes to turntables and scratching, Technic SL 1200 is still the gold standard for turntablist. Here's a list of what I would get if I wasn't already setup.

Turntables:

Pioneer DJ PLX-1000
Reloop RP-8000 MK2
Reloop RP-7000 MK2
Denon DJ VL12 Prime

Controller:

Rane Twelve MK1 or MK2
Denon DJ SC5000M Prime
Pioneer CDJ-3000

USED:

Technics SL-1200MK2 and up
Denon DN3700
VESTAX PDX-3000MK2
Vestax PDX-2000
By QuentinB Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:08 pm
Thanks for the suggestions! Gonna take a look at all of these options. Trying to get some nice wickah wahhhs in my music :nod: :smoker:
By Ultros Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:22 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:VESTAX PDX-3000MK2
Vestax PDX-2000

Buddy! PDX FTW. I played the 2000s quite a bit i dont have a single bad thing to say about them. No knocks, solid enough not to resonate, you can juggle all day and not wreck em. Great decks. Toss an 07-pro in the middle.. *drools* R.I.P vestax.. they were the only company that i truely became smitten by.
By DokBrown Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:32 pm
Whatever you choose, I am wondering how you plan to run the loops thru the turntable & back into the MPC ?

I assume you plan to record 4-16 bar sequences into audio clips with the looper or audio tracks.