Dedicated to all things DJing from gear, tricks, tips, mods, news and reviews
By Ultros Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:01 pm
If you were in the market for a cross fader upgrade you fully intend to pound the crap out of crab scratching violently which would it be?

The machine i'm stickin it is the numark mixdeck express. I don't want another stock cross fader to have it go to crap after a session or two of me bashing on it.
By dabmeister Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:39 am
Ultros wrote:If you were in the market for a cross fader upgrade you fully intend to pound the crap out of crab scratching violently which would it be?

The machine i'm stickin it is the numark mixdeck express. I don't want another stock cross fader to have it go to crap after a session or two of me bashing on it.

If you can do your own repair here's the replacement part number...TWPC12C029D01

However, there's nothing on the market that can handle "violently" scratching. But if you're into beating your faders to death, look into something better than numark gear...ie: Pioneer, Denon, Rane.
By Ultros Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:28 pm
I was lookin at some of the innofader products they look like decent replacements that can add contour control to a mixer without. I wonder what their build quality is like.
By Bigheaded Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:47 am
Ultros wrote:I was lookin at some of the innofader products they look like decent replacements that can add contour control to a mixer without. I wonder what their build quality is like.

*BUMP* an older thread incase this helps anyone. Innofaders are great, preference wise some people like the Marvel Pioneer use or the Mag that Rane uses. There's an Innofader in my Numark Scratch and it's awesome. Numark's owned by the same parent company as Rane. While Rane's higher-end, Numark makes great gear for the money. IMHO the $500 Numark Scratch is one hellova mixer. The soundcard's surprisingly clear, and the crossfader's smooth and can stand up to lots of abuse. And if it craps out, it's an easy and pretty cheap thing to replace.
By Ultros Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:09 am
Bigheaded wrote:
Ultros wrote:I was lookin at some of the innofader products they look like decent replacements that can add contour control to a mixer without. I wonder what their build quality is like.

*BUMP* an older thread incase this helps anyone. Innofaders are great, preference wise some people like the Marvel Pioneer use or the Mag that Rane uses. There's an Innofader in my Numark Scratch and it's awesome. Numark's owned by the same parent company as Rane. While Rane's higher-end, Numark makes great gear for the money. IMHO the $500 Numark Scratch is one hellova mixer. The soundcard's surprisingly clear, and the crossfader's smooth and can stand up to lots of abuse. And if it craps out, it's an easy and pretty cheap thing to replace.

I've been oogling one of those mixers for my analog set up. Turns out with the ol mixdeck I took the fader apart and cleaned it and it works fine again.