Dedicated to all things DJing from gear, tricks, tips, mods, news and reviews
By JVC Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:10 am
I finally got myself a Rane mixer, Mojo MM 8Z!

It is very big, but I like it very much! It sounds very clean, very low noise floor. Plus, it is super useful to have having line in & out on a front panel!
By JVC Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:16 pm
Lampdog wrote:But is the Rane purple?

?
No, it is black finished.
This is a good sounding DJ mixer indeed.

jk

By Lampdog Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:05 pm
It was a Prince reference.
By davehate Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:01 am
THE ADVERSARY wrote:Lots of the guys I know swore that the Ranes always sounded better than the Vestax.
The original 06, 05 and 07 always sounding good to me.
They worked equally well with vinyl or DVS.

I've owned 05 pro2,06,07 vestax
And also rane 56,57sl

Rane sounds twenty times better then the vestax,the low mid high filters are way better aswell..for pro setup..rane beats vestax .

That being said....

I wouldn't buy any rane new mixers,especially if you use serato..buddy went to namm this year and rane rep said there not doing mixers anymore...so no support on a 1800$ mixer is bad news.

I am buying the new pioneer s9...that one is so damn crisp and has more functionality then rane 62... but 1700$

For what op needs...a used 56 is the way to go and I see them on Craigslist,OfferUp and let go app for around 200$
By JVC Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:22 am
You know, Rane was acquired by inMusic (Jack O'Donnell) in 2016, which also owns Akai Professional, Denon DJ, ION, M-Audio, Alesis, etc.
By JUKE 179r Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:22 am

:nod:
By JVC Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:12 pm
That Realistic DJ mixer wasn’t a bad DJ mixer, if you compare with other low-end DJ mixers around that time. It can be used as a “DJ battle” mixer.
I don't think it is more noisier than piece-of-garbage GEMINI Scratchmaster mixer that I was using in the 90s’. I like those analog VU meters, although LED VU meters are more useful.
By JUKE 179r Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:46 pm
JVC wrote:Image
That Realistic DJ mixer wasn’t a bad DJ mixer, if you compare with other low-end DJ mixers around that time. It can be used as a “DJ battle” mixer.
I don't think it is more noisier than piece-of-garbage GEMINI Scratchmaster mixer that I was using in the 90s’. I like those analog VU meters, although LED VU meters are more useful.

That was my very first DJ mixer back in '86 I think. Back when Radio Shack was selling Stanton 500 DJ needles.
Just for the hell of it, I bought another one recently in good condition for $10.