Dedicated to all things DJing from gear, tricks, tips, mods, news and reviews
By CharlesRandolph Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:37 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:No, I can't justify that kind of cash on a mixer, not sure if they've added some additional integration options when combining with the 72, but I'm actually pretty happy with my Numark Scratch.

I found the Mixars Duo work well with the RANE 12'S. No need for an USB Hub. :nod: Does the Numark Scratch have two USB A ports on the back?
By MPC-Tutor Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:23 pm
No, the Numark has no USB inputs at all, it's about as basic as it gets for a Serato scratch mixer, but I just wanted something with an innofader and Serato support. I've been out of the DJing game for over 20 years now, things have changed quite a bit (no DVS back in my day) so I wanted something cheap to test the waters, I can upgrade later if the interest is still strong.

But these Twelve's look great to me, no needles, no warped vinyl (I had real trouble finding unwarped Serato control vinyl), no tone arms etc, same feel when scratching (I assume). Seems to make a lot of sense...if it all works as advertised.

The other thing that's grabbed my attention is all the melodic stuff that DJ Brace does using a MIDI pedal and the Vestax deck controlling platter speed, but also possible with the Reloop 8000 Mk 2. It would be great if this was possible with the Twelves but it doesn't seem so. I guess there's always Pitch n Time in Serato.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:24 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:No, the Numark has no USB inputs at all, it's about as basic as it gets for a Serato scratch mixer, but I just wanted something with an innofader and Serato support. I've been out of the DJing game for over 20 years now, things have changed quite a bit (no DVS back in my day) so I wanted something cheap to test the waters, I can upgrade later if the interest is still strong.

But these Twelve's look great to me, no needles, no warped vinyl (I had real trouble finding unwarped Serato control vinyl), no tone arms etc, same feel when scratching (I assume). Seems to make a lot of sense...if it all works as advertised.

The other thing that's grabbed my attention is all the melodic stuff that DJ Brace does using a MIDI pedal and the Vestax deck controlling platter speed, but also possible with the Reloop 8000 Mk 2. It would be great if this was possible with the Twelves but it doesn't seem so. I guess there's always Pitch n Time in Serato.

Not sure it if will work like that Vestax or Reloop decks. But the 12's work and the feel is definitely there. After 10 minutes you'll forget they're controllers. I did catch myself looking for the needle, like its a phantom limb. :nod: I haven't tried the Reloop 8000 MK 2, yet.