MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Transmisser Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:18 am
Whether I have a new or current project, panning the program, individual pad, outputs, etc. is not working on my X. The only thing that happens is the volume fluctuates, almost like it's putting the signal out of phase. It doesn't matter if I use mono samples, stereo samples, convert samples from stereo > mono: summed; There's no adjustable stereo imaging.

I'm running two balanced cables from the main outputs (1,2) into two line inputs on my Clarett 8 Pre X. I've swapped the cables out, switched the wire + output / input combination, etc. If I mute either input in Focusrite Mix Control, I get the same weird phasing / volume drop issue (still have output through both speakers, just at a lower volume)

If I play music on spotify however, muting either side through Mix Control, I only get sound through it's respective speaker (like it should be doing). I'm out of ideas on what could possibly be going wrong. Is there something I'm not seeing in my X that needs to be adjusted, or do I potentially have a defective unit?

Also: when I process a stereo sample from stereo > mono: summed, there are still two wave forms showing in sample edit for that sample.

I'm using firmware 2.2.2.1, standalone mode. I haven't even opened up the MPC software on my computer yet.
By Transmisser Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:03 am
xparis001 wrote:out of curiosity, it's not the mono switch on the monitoring section, is it?

I keep that switch set to 'stereo' with the Direct / Main knob all the way up (on the main side). I toggled the switch between mono and stereo, but it's still the same result. This happens through my studio monitors and headphones. I've also plugged my headphones directly into the 1/4'' input on the X, still the same issue.