MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By cloud777 Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:24 pm
U can know get the new firmware update from akai 2.2.3
Contents

Stability and reliability

Saving and Loading

Cancelling a Save action no longer causes a crash
Startup and Shutdown

MPC X and Live no longer crash on relaunching with external media containing a large number of progressions
MPC X is no longer slow to boot when a thumb drive is attached
Touch Integration

Screen no longer dims when set to ‘Never’
Last edited by cloud777 on Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Bezo Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:26 pm
A few bug fixes addressing issues some were having. Always good to see Akai actively updating.
By pablow6554 Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:58 pm
Good to see them taking Care of The Problem.I Personally Didn't Upgrade to the Last Update, After seeing so many people having problem with last one.Thanks for sharing, Im off to Update my Mpc X.
By Transmisser Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:29 pm
So glad they squashed this before 2.3. I hope it becomes more common practice to fix these types of bugs in a timely fashion when everyone is speaking up about it.
By mr_debauch Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:06 pm
Is it still worth updating to this if I haven't installed the problematic version that came before it? I don't seem to have any issues with booting with an SSD installed, but I have not tried with any removable media connected.
By Danoc Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:08 pm
this good to hear peoples joint is working. Im down loading now.
By Danoc Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:10 pm
Yes you can upgrade. But if everything is working why do it? Its time to wait for 2.3.

mr_debauch wrote:Is it still worth updating to this if I haven't installed the problematic version that came before it? I don't seem to have any issues with booting with an SSD installed, but I have not tried with any removable media connected.
By Pads Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:44 pm
K, so.. I can’t upgrade at the moment because I’m busy with work going around the clock.

I was getting the “black screen of death” with my Live from having a ssd installed - uninstalling that allowed the Live to boot properly and resetting the device from within the configuration menu allowed the Live to boot fine with a ssd installed afterwards.

HOWEVER, whatever settings I had would get reset to default every time I turned the Live on. Nothing ever stayed to what I set it to if I turned the Live off and back on again.

I’m wondering if that is fixed at all?
By dflat57 Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:21 pm
Danoc wrote:Yes you can upgrade. But if everything is working why do it? Its time to wait for 2.3.

mr_debauch wrote:Is it still worth updating to this if I haven't installed the problematic version that came before it? I don't seem to have any issues with booting with an SSD installed, but I have not tried with any removable media connected.

Agreed. I didn't upgrade, my X and Live are working fine. I'll wait until 2.3