MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Rocksitter Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:04 am
MPC Live,X struggles to be the all in one machine Roland pretty much nailed with Mv series and like what was mentioned left off a lot of what was good from older MPCs. So what are they, sampler sequencer trying to push to be a stand alone but cant get it done.
The MV8000 had audio tracks,synth,mix down,sampling,Fx,sequencing,time stretch and it came out in what 2002 not sure why the new MPC cant do this and needs countless updates for featues when the basics are lacking. On its own it can do some nice things but from what it is trying to be and the reputation it has to keep up with I dont think it is worth the price.
By Danoc Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:58 pm
Read and write works on my MPC live (automation). There's no automation lanes or any of that stuff but the READ & WRITE automation works just fine. I had a lot fun playing with the XY effects. :-)

As far as automation lanes l never read once where Akai said they would have them. That is a request!

toodee wrote:
Danoc wrote:10. Automation

What do you mean ? This is one of the main pain points of the MPC IMO, terrible automation management. There was a thread about that issue being present in the Force as well a few days ago, and people are complaining about that too. In my opinion, better automation management is very much needed on both machine, I can't imagine making music without using a bunch of automation lanes but the way it is handled on MPC/Force makes me want to find other ways to introduce variations.

I love my MPC, but automation is a reason to be dissatisfied rather than to love it. How do you do it, why did you put automation on the list ? Am I missing something ? :)
By toodee Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:28 am
The way further editing (impossible) or deleting (awkward process of deleting everything or having to play the whole sequence while holding buttons) is implemented is very basic. I'm used to having a very tight control over every parameter as I've been using Elektron machines for years, which provide the parameter value locking per step. Automation lanes or a way to edit parameter values per step/note would be very welcome on the MPC as far as I'm concerned, not having it means having to find time-consuming workarounds.
I get that it has not been promised by Akai, but what I said was more in the spirit of 'I hope for something like this', fingers crossed ;)
By 40Beatz Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:16 pm
I may be wrong but when I use the Read/Write Automation, it automates things like knob movements, etc. like it should. If I want to Edit what was Automated, I go to my List Edit Screen to see what was Automated. And Boom! I can Tweak it.
By Wormhelmet Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:20 am
Danoc wrote::mrgreen: l can say lm loving my MPC live with the 2.4 update. Air effects are so dope. Im very dam happy :-D

But you was loving your Live before 2.0

I mean, your pom poms got 16 pads and 4 midi ports each plus qlinks....

:mrgreen:

Just kidding around man 8)
By Danoc Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:39 am
:lol: Yo you're right l love the Live and was engaged to her now lma marry her lol
Since you wanna joke around your the best man lol

Man l dont even use those midi ports. Ima export man :lol: :smoker:
Wormhelmet wrote:But you was loving your Live before 2.0

I mean, your pom poms got 16 pads and 4 midi ports each plus qlinks....

:mrgreen:

Just kidding around man 8)
By DJSpaceP Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:42 am
Let me put it this way. I've successfully performed long bangin' live sets with just a two Novation Circuits and a mixer.

So in comparison, the MPC Live is an insanely deep embarrassment of riches. I did some serious research before deciding I wanted the Live. It is currently exceeding my hopes and expectations.

I paid $750 for a used MPC Live in perfect condition, and I'm loving everything 2.4 has to offer. Are there a couple of little tweaks I might like in an update? Sure, but to complain in any big way when I got so much bang-for-the-buck isn't my style.

I sometimes produce for other artists and because of that I am occasionally called on to be the "dj/electronica" guy for an artist I've produced, to be present and performing during live shows or music video shoots. I'm looking forward to working the live into that "backing" workflow as well, so I'll have a "one stop shop" for my own live shows and for backing other artists in a more flexible musical way.

And with the addition of synth plugins in 2.3, just plugging a small keyboard controller into the Live is great for me as a performer.
By The Invisible Men Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:06 am
I am satisfied with my MPC X but to an extent. I have been using MPC's since the MPC 60 so, the only problem I have is the fact that there is no Multi timbral MIDI (This would make my work flow great)
This is what I was used to having in all the other MPC's.
I am told that this feature is forthcoming so, I am good.