MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
Bymember04959388 Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:23 pm
Unreallystic wrote:My mailbox has been spammed to hell with the Air 500 drum stuff. A Drum synthesizer would be terrifc. I haven't personally dug into the included synths to see how well they can make their own percussion sounds, so I don't want to undersell them at it, but having flashbacks of what I could do in Reason, let me make various drum sounds, save them as samples, and drop them onto a pad to possibly layer with some back end if I want to...main that would be fun. I guess I know what I'm messing around with next week haha *side tracked, sorry*
- Unreall

Yeah I think you mean Redrum, so great drum machine, isnt it?
Drum synyh 500 would be a very welcomed bonus on Mpc, even without the sample library, just the synth
By Danoc Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:55 pm
Again :WTF:

MPC-Tutor wrote:
Danoc wrote:Tutor is that how it works? :WTF: You're saying it doesn't let you search the entire sound set that's on their site?

That's right, you can't actively 'browse' the Splice site nor purchase new sounds from within your MPC. All it does is download your existing Splice library to your MPC drive. It's just a file sync, nothing more. It's one step up from downloading your Splice library to a USB stick and manually popping it into your MPC.

They could have configured this to sync with any file server or even your entire computer. That would have been infinitely more useful.

If it actually launched an interface to browse the Splice site directly, demo new sounds, purchase and download those sounds in real time directly to your active project, then yes, game changer. But it doesn't.
By mr_debauch Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:40 am
would have been nice to be able to connect to the local network, access your NAS or network drives, shared media, etc. How about being able to connect right to an iphone or android phone to an app that let's you transfer files, maybe stream audio recording right to the mpc (think of the nikon dslr app or the go pro app, but some kind of new one for the mpc) That is what i thought of when i first heard the live had a wifi antenna, i wondered what akai would do with it.
By Eyalc Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:52 pm
Gotta be careful how you interpret what they say. This is the same as saying there's MPC 3000 circuitry in the Ren, only to find out it's a plugin.

Thing that really bugs me, is that the developers at Akai, they KNOW "integration" is not the proper word to use for a simple folder sync across wi-fi. No more proper than saying "I've integrated my computer with dropbox". But for marketing, they have to call it an "integration", I get it. But folks, an "integration" means I can interact with Splice, browse, search, purchase AND sync. And what I buy through my MPC, automatically syncs to my desktop, blah, blah, blah.

I've been wondering why people were calling Splice "integration" a game changer, or saying it saves them time. I've been sitting back reading the comments like :hmmm: :WTF:
By Danoc Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:51 pm
lol: :lol: Classic lol omg

This goes back to what l said watch what Akai say
Eyalc wrote:Gotta be careful how you interpret what they say. This is the same as saying there's MPC 3000 circuitry in the Ren, only to find out it's a plugin.
WTF:
[/quote]
By Lampdog Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:40 am
mr_debauch wrote:would have been nice to be able to connect to the local network, access your NAS or network drives, shared media.......

That would mean, samba, ftp, dlna, etc..... territory and I DON’T see that happening.
There are enough issues that need resolving before jumping off THAT immense other worldly bridge.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:07 am
kaydigi wrote:I'm surprised there wasn't a fix for the standalone browser when splice was added... scrolling pages and pages of samples is mind numbing,

The browser is (and always has been) one of the worse features IMO, it's truly appalling. All they keep doing is adding fluff to it rather than addressing the fundamental problems and limitations. I have not seen any talk about them fixing the browser.
By Unreallystic Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:37 pm
Frisbi wrote:
Unreallystic wrote:My mailbox has been spammed to hell with the Air 500 drum stuff. A Drum synthesizer would be terrifc. I haven't personally dug into the included synths to see how well they can make their own percussion sounds, so I don't want to undersell them at it, but having flashbacks of what I could do in Reason, let me make various drum sounds, save them as samples, and drop them onto a pad to possibly layer with some back end if I want to...main that would be fun. I guess I know what I'm messing around with next week haha *side tracked, sorry*
- Unreall

Yeah I think you mean Redrum, so great drum machine, isnt it?
Drum synyh 500 would be a very welcomed bonus on Mpc, even without the sample library, just the synth

I did it in Kong, you could expand it and change a pad type to synth, then start to adjust/tune it. I'm like the only person I know that can't stand Redrum and prefers Kong, but hey, outside of four to the floor, I don't like that format for sequencing and prefer just doing it out on pads (which is why I am here haha)
- Unreall
Bymember04959388 Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:07 pm
@ Unreall

Well I guess that if Air Drum Synth comes to Mpc, they will manage to organize that any channel of the synth is a pad, so it would be exactly as working with drum programs.
Maybe is a bit redundant to have this drum synth, I mean it would make exactly the same that Mpc does with drum programs.
By Danoc Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:38 pm
Hey man don't be hating on Redrum, :lol: :lol: I love that thing, I don't use Kong, easy set up in Redrum and the editing in it dealing with transits and movement. Even do those sweet trap roll hihats in Redrum.

Unreallystic wrote:I did it in Kong, you could expand it and change a pad type to synth, then start to adjust/tune it. I'm like the only person I know that can't stand Redrum and prefers Kong, but hey, outside of four to the floor, I don't like that format for sequencing and prefer just doing it out on pads (which is why I am here haha)
- Unreall
By ofenomeno Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:50 am
To be honest the one gripe I have is you have to log onto my laptop to load sounds into splice first.

Ever since I got my mpc live I really dislike being on a pc :lol:
By Danoc Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:57 pm
ofenomeno wrote:To be honest the one gripe I have is you have to log onto my laptop to load sounds into splice first.

Ever since I got my mpc live I really dislike being on a pc :lol:

Hey if you love being off the computer there's nothing wrong with that. It was made fir standalone. :smoker:
By Unreallystic Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:51 pm
Danoc wrote:Hey man don't be hating on Redrum, :lol: :lol: I love that thing, I don't use Kong, easy set up in Redrum and the editing in it dealing with transits and movement. Even do those sweet trap roll hihats in Redrum.

Unreallystic wrote:I did it in Kong, you could expand it and change a pad type to synth, then start to adjust/tune it. I'm like the only person I know that can't stand Redrum and prefers Kong, but hey, outside of four to the floor, I don't like that format for sequencing and prefer just doing it out on pads (which is why I am here haha)
- Unreall

:lol: I'm not hating on Redrum, I personally don't like it and know I'm in the minoiritty, most people act like Kong doesn't exist. It's most likely tied to me feeling like Kong was accessible - it did exactly what I wanted, when I wanted, and how I wanted, and that was also tied to my skill level in general when I was still using Reason (4-7). I hope to give Reason another chance in the future, most likely when I get to build the second studio (going to break my studio into (3) areas, main area is Ableton/Akai/Outboard Gear/Recording Focused, second area will be Reason/FL Studio/Maschine, just production via PC for when other producers come through *hopefully*, and the third area will be a creative music space...and bar), and when I do give Reason another chance, maybe I'll start to pivot to redrum, the things I hear people do is way more than what I used it for pre-Kong.
- Unreall