MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
Bymember04959388 Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:30 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Frisbi wrote:Less is more.
More or less.

Isn't that what the MPC ONE is. Less, so you can do more. :lol: Nevertheless, back to the music.

Yeah exactly.
Headphones on.
By kaydigi Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:05 am
So has anyone pre ordered a MPC One, I haven’t yet only because the pad size are scaring me off. I have a 500 and 1000 so it shouldn’t be an issue though but every time I see a video with the Live and One next to each other it’s jarring,

The tactile buttons are nice, I’m trying to curb my gear lust though.
By EnochLight Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:23 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Reality is buyers will get the MPC ONE or MPC X. Soon the MPC X will have another price drop. You can already get it for $1900. Again the Live will be supported, but as far as promotions. That boat has left the dock!

LMAO! Uh, sorry Charlie - you’re wrong. Reality is most users will get the One or the Live. The X is grossly overpriced, not portable, has no battery, and the vast majority of users live in a mobile world.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:29 am
EnochLight wrote:LMAO! Uh, sorry Charlie - you’re wrong. Reality is most users will get the One or the Live. The X is grossly overpriced, not portable, has no battery, and the vast majority of users live in a mobile world.

The vast amount of user, use a laptop and pad controller. :lol:
By EnochLight Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:31 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
EnochLight wrote:LMAO! Uh, sorry Charlie - you’re wrong. Reality is most users will get the One or the Live. The X is grossly overpriced, not portable, has no battery, and the vast majority of users live in a mobile world.

The vast amount of user, use a laptop and pad controller. :lol:

And prefer being mobile, hence the allure of the Live. Funny how we saw the One, Live, and Force being showcased at NAMM. Not much buzz on the X, if any at all. :nod:
By CharlesRandolph Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:35 am
EnochLight wrote:
And prefer being mobile, hence the allure of the Live. Funny how we saw the One, Live, and Force being showcased at NAMM. Not much buzz on the X, if any at all. :nod:

Strike one: FORCE
Strike two: MPC ONE
Strike three: FORCE with arrangement mode
Strike four: Force and Live the same price
Strike five: Force is better with Ableton
Strike six: The Live is the oldest current model

:lol:
By EnochLight Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:49 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:blah blah blah

And yet - the Live is probably the best MPC of the bunch. Go figure! :lol:
By lih Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:22 am
kaydigi wrote:So has anyone pre ordered a MPC One, I haven’t yet only because the pad size are scaring me off. I have a 500 and 1000 so it shouldn’t be an issue though but every time I see a video with the Live and One next to each other it’s jarring,

not me, but i saw a couple preorders in the fb group...and strangely...or appropriately enough...a few in the native instruments forum
By Monotremata Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:57 am
kaydigi wrote:So has anyone pre ordered a MPC One, I haven’t yet only because the pad size are scaring me off. I have a 500 and 1000 so it shouldn’t be an issue though but every time I see a video with the Live and One next to each other it’s jarring,

Saw the two next to each other earlier on GS and went EEEEEK. They must be like size of the pads on the BeatStep Pro or something? I hated those things. The whole 16 pad grid on the One almost fits in a 3x3 area on the Live heh.
By Danoc Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:07 pm
Frisbi wrote:
If they discontinue it for another Mpc without battery and outputs, well, i come to the conclusion that Akai is totally crazy.

By EnochLight Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:18 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
EnochLight wrote: And yet - the Live is probably the best MPC of the bunch. Go figure! :lol:

The LIVE is the only you ever used. :lol:

Incorrect as usual, Charlie! :lol:
By Eyalc Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:25 pm
I think the Live is a done deal too. The current version of it anyway. But how they'd shoehorn an MKII between the One, Force and X is beyond me. Doesn't seem like enough of a gap in functionality to fill it with a new Live - other than battery, it wouldn't offer any discernible advantages IMO.