MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ShengTao Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:40 pm
I'm considering a faceplate skin from mpcstuff. 2000xl or camo skin. I can only find pics of the white one. Anyone here have one of these, could you post a picture?
By lih Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:04 pm
edit: just realized that's not what you asked for
By Danoc Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:18 am
HXH yeah those pucs you showed takes the Live look to another level
By ShengTao Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:01 pm
HxHika44 wrote:I wanted to know the same thing before I got a skin, decided to just get it, and here is the result:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... qeljiuNqqa

I prefer it over the original all black, in the future I think I'm going to get grey pads to match it.

Thanks for posting. I actually wound up getting the same one 2000xl a couple of months ago, along with the silver jog wheel.. and some knurled aluminum qlink knobs (from Amazon) How did you get the bend in the front of the skin to conform to the shape? I had to re stick it and rub the hell out of it with a bone folder to get the bubbles away from the crease. The skins are really thick and have a factory look and feel. But getting that stuff to bend is a pain.
By HxHika44 Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:51 pm
Nice, can't beat the old school look! For the fold/bubbles I used a hair dryer, just heated the skin gently as I was applying it and carefully pressed it with my hands, folding it around the edge gradually as I went. Also made sure the surface was as clean/dust free as I could get it with some multi surface cleaner.
Although it does not say to use any heat when applying it I think as long as you are careful and aren't too intense it is fine. If it got too hot I think it might start to shrink and ripple like vinyl but like I say a light heat helps a great deal. It definitely made the fold easier and the skin was more pliable.
By ShengTao Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:35 pm
Thanks, it looks great. If I ever do it again I will definitely give the hair blower a try. If I get bored of the 2kxl look I might go for the camo one day. I thought about mounting a picatinny rail to the front, to add to the tactical look of the camo. :lol:
Would prefer if they had desert or urban camo, though.