MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By quickstrike209 Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:56 am
The MPC software has an amazing amount of bugs.

A particular bug that bugs me in 2.8.1 standalone is the addition preview time. Can't audition samples longer than 30 seconds. The unlimited time doesn't work. I've been waiting for someone else to report this but it seems like everyone is too busy downloading loops. I mean expansion packs.

The MPC 2.8.1 software officially has outdone the MPC 5000 when it come to the bugs. It is now competing with Renaissance version 1.1 glitches.

I mean when is enough going to be enough. Akai is really not listening at all. They don't care to fix any of the major bugs. Or small ones.
By Nopayne Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:12 am
It's annoying but I don't think it's a bug. Most likely a hardware limitation.

I used to run into it all the time because I loaded a whole library of albums to sample from into my Live. It made it hard to find which ones to use. There are two workarounds that I know of:

1. Listen to the samples outside of the MPC and sample in what you need.
2. Use the MPC in controller mode which lets you have unlimited preview.
By quickstrike209 Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:56 pm
Nopayne wrote:It's annoying but I don't think it's a bug. Most likely a hardware limitation.

I used to run into it all the time because I loaded a whole library of albums to sample from into my Live. It made it hard to find which ones to use. There are two workarounds that I know of:

1. Listen to the samples outside of the MPC and sample in what you need.
2. Use the MPC in controller mode which lets you have unlimited preview.

Idk. Do you think they purposely disabled the unlimited preview time for standalone When it's been there since Renaissance mpc software 1.4 up to 2.7. :Sigh:
By The Ken Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:28 pm
SakisX wrote:Is there a list of known bugs ? If not shall we make one?

This would be super useful. I know there have been lists for previous versions, but a lot of that isn't relevant anymore and some are buried deep in the site. A stickied confirmed bug list for the current version would make it easier for people to make purchase/firmware upgrade decisions.

It would also reduce nebulous "This machine is busted" threads.
By conrad Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:43 am
the only one i've noticed is when assigning chops to pads in program mode it doesn't stick and i have to switch to slice mode (or whatever its called) in sample edit, but i think i have to first go to program mode to assign the sample. seems like a bug, maybe i'm missing something.
By Eyalc Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:24 pm
It's unfortunate because Akai's culture used to be "excellence". Now it's "mediocrity". But what I've learned over the past 5 years is that Akai's culture is simply a reflection of the culture of its users. Its why Akai can release a 2.8.1 full of issues, not say anything about it, nor address those issues, and users are STILL saying good things are coming... LOL. WHAT?????

As a general rule of life, I demand and expect excellence when I'm trading my time and money for something. And I'm 100% unapologetic about that. But I don't say much on here because I realize that people like me that expect excellence are FAR outnumbered by the number of people that accept mediocrity. I really wish people would understand the difference between hating and expecting excellence. The MPC community (not everyone, but the majority) accept mediocrity far too much.

To the OP, yes, the amount of bugs is unfortunate. Wish the overwhelming reaction was "fix this nonsense or I'm moving onto something else" instead of "good things are coming".