MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Parialated Thu May 13, 2021 1:27 pm
So, i want to record audio from my stand alone mpc in my laptop, to use for a beatmake video... yet i also want the general sound coming through the monitors/speakers... and i want to use output 3/4 to record the same audio in to my laptop.... so i thought i leave the master at 1/2 and then every individual track/program/keygroup i route to 3/4 so the sound comes through my speakers and goes into my laptop to be recorded and later can be used to add to a video i intent to make.... when i set all the tracks route to 3/4, the sound through my speakers is gone... so i went to check the mixer/master soon as i click on that the mpc crashes and it says error occured and i am back in the start up screen....
first of all is it even possible to do what i want to do?? or do i just have to use 1/2 to record the audio into my laptop and then use a headphone instead of my monitor/speakers?? cause that would be kinda sad....
second the mpc live crashing because of this is ofcourse not done....
can somebody help me out? for future video recording?
i will resort to the headphone thing for now i guess...
By Parialated Thu May 13, 2021 2:02 pm
or maybe i could/should use the headphone out to record into the laptop.... perhaps....tips, tricks, workarounds would be appreciated, cause sure i can record the whole thing with my phone and use its build in microphone to record the audio coming from the monitor/speakers but the quality wouldnt do the music any justice...
By Lyricalgenius81 Thu May 13, 2021 7:42 pm
If you route individual tracks to different outputs (for instance 3/4) then they won’t come out of outputs 1/2. It’s designed that way otherwise it wouldn’t make sense.
By Lyricalgenius81 Thu May 13, 2021 7:45 pm
As to the software crashing . Unfortunately in my experience it can be very unstable which is frustrating. Crashing happens and sometimes I lose work because of it
By Lampdog Thu May 13, 2021 8:15 pm
By Parialated Thu May 13, 2021 8:48 pm
JeriKo Jackson wrote:OP makes this sound like a bug in the thread title. Bro just monitor the laptop / interface output. MPC > Laptop > speakers

it is a bug though, it crashed on 3 seperate occasions....in STANDALONE, also you seem to miss what i am trying to do... so your suggestion doesnt work....
thanks though.... i guess... (to make it clear, for re-creation purposes if you load several keygroups, programs, and in the mix window you go to route, and set them all to 3/4 and then try to go to left top corner and change from program to master, the system will crash....

on topic i was looking if there is some sort of splitter and there are audio splitters but couldnt find any for this particular situation....I could also connect my mpc to a mixer and then use the mainout of the mixer for my monitors, and the tape out on my mixer to the laptop...
Last edited by Parialated on Thu May 13, 2021 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Parialated Thu May 13, 2021 8:50 pm
Lyricalgenius81 wrote:If you route individual tracks to different outputs (for instance 3/4) then they won’t come out of outputs 1/2. It’s designed that way otherwise it wouldn’t make sense.

fair enough, in some instance there is like a tape out... a option to have the sound go to the speakers, and a seperate source like a dat or tape recorder.... but okay... it is a fair point... i know it isnt meant for this, but a brother could still try... shouldn't make the whole mpc crash though
By JeriKo Jackson Fri May 14, 2021 9:01 pm
Parialated wrote:So, i want to record audio from my stand alone mpc in my laptop .... yet i also want the general sound coming through the monitors/speakers

:hmmm:

Don’t know about the routing causing the crashing. But why go through all that when the solution is easier. Or you could just do it all over USB to the software or VST. Just sayin.
By Lampdog Fri May 14, 2021 10:35 pm
Although I don’t use controller mode THIS would solve those problems too.
By 83dude Fri May 14, 2021 11:03 pm
Have you tried outputs 5/6 instead? On the Renaissance 3/4 where always an unlevelled duplicate of 1/2 in earlier versions; in later versions (from 1.9.1?) this feature was deactivated IF you sent some signal to it.

Not hearing them on the speakers is normal, since you don‘t send the signal to 1/2, period. Your method is definitely applicable, but there‘s some error you must have made I can‘t quite spot right now...
By Parialated Sat May 15, 2021 1:08 pm
JeriKo Jackson wrote:
Parialated wrote:So, i want to record audio from my stand alone mpc in my laptop .... yet i also want the general sound coming through the monitors/speakers

:hmmm:

Don’t know about the routing causing the crashing. But why go through all that when the solution is easier. Or you could just do it all over USB to the software or VST. Just sayin.

i really really really dont like the mpc in controller mode currently... also i cant simultaneously record and run the software on the same laptop i think....i just want to record the audio in the laptop, make the video with my phone and later put the audio track in sync with the video....but i will keep fiddling till i figured it out...
By Parialated Sat May 15, 2021 1:08 pm
83dude wrote:Have you tried outputs 5/6 instead? On the Renaissance 3/4 where always an unlevelled duplicate of 1/2 in earlier versions; in later versions (from 1.9.1?) this feature was deactivated IF you sent some signal to it.

Not hearing them on the speakers is normal, since you don‘t send the signal to 1/2, period. Your method is definitely applicable, but there‘s some error you must have made I can‘t quite spot right now...

i havent but i will....