MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JeriKo Jackson Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:35 pm
Been about a year since I traded my Live after owning it since launch. I was expecting 3.0 would drop before the end of 2020. Obviously that didn’t happen. I was hoping to see some things fixed up. Like pads inactive on muted tracks, the buggy song mode (the time sig and tempo change omissions piss me off) Better mixer UI etc. Where are we at and what’s the word on 3.0? Is it gonna be a revamp... are they addressing some of the clunk in the code?
By NearTao Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:40 am
No word on 3.0 that I am aware of...

and if those things irritated you last year, then they are still going to irritate you now... some things have changed a bit, but not that much from a year ago to 2.9.1.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:19 am
Akai don't provide any commentary on upcoming releases, and beta testers are under an NDA, so you'll just have to wait and see what happens. All the issues are being reported so it's up to the devs to prioritise what gets fixed or added.

Not directed at the o.p. specifically, but I do think people need to get over this '3.0' thing, I'd rather see smaller incremental releases that fix all the existing bugs and remedy all those niggling omissions instead of some big, dramatic feature-packed release inevitably riddled with bugs and half-finished new features (e.g. just like 2.0). I do think however that most of '3.0-gate' stems from Dan Gill previously saying things like 'oh, that will have to be a 3.0 thing' when someone requested a new feature via Gearslutz (sorry, gearspace...). Actually, he probably only said it a couple of times, but you know what people are like.

In all fairness to Akai, they aren't exactly holding back with new features, there's been plenty of existing 2.x releases that could have been worthy of a '3.0' tag. Version numbers are all a bit arbitrary really.
By 40Beatz Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:16 pm
EXACTLY!!!

I'd rather see 2.9.3+

Tweak the Small Hiccups, address minor bugs, etc

While developing 3.0 for 2022

Just my .02
By EnochLight Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:48 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Akai don't provide any commentary on upcoming releases, and beta testers are under an NDA, so you'll just have to wait and see what happens. All the issues are being reported so it's up to the devs to prioritise what gets fixed or added.

Not directed at the o.p. specifically, but I do think people need to get over this '3.0' thing, I'd rather see smaller incremental releases that fix all the existing bugs and remedy all those niggling omissions instead of some big, dramatic feature-packed release inevitably riddled with bugs and half-finished new features (e.g. just like 2.0). I do think however that most of '3.0-gate' stems from Dan Gill previously saying things like 'oh, that will have to be a 3.0 thing' when someone requested a new feature via Gearslutz (sorry, gearspace...). Actually, he probably only said it a couple of times, but you know what people are like.

In all fairness to Akai, they aren't exactly holding back with new features, there's been plenty of existing 2.x releases that could have been worthy of a '3.0' tag. Version numbers are all a bit arbitrary really.

^^ THIS x1000 ^^

I will say this: you can pry my MPC Live 2 (and Force) from my cold, dead, hands. :wink: :lol:
By Ultros Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:09 pm
EnochLight wrote:I will say this: you can pry my MPC Live 2 (and Force) from my cold, dead, hands. :wink: :lol:

By EnochLight Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:21 pm
Ultros wrote:
EnochLight wrote:I will say this: you can pry my MPC Live 2 (and Force) from my cold, dead, hands. :wink: :lol:

Hahah! You'll have to get across the border, first. You Canucks got some crazy COVID border restrictions going on, still.
By Monotremata Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:13 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Hahah! You'll have to get across the border, first. You Canucks got some crazy COVID border restrictions going on, still.

No shit. Last year the place I was working for, we had a lot of Canadian customers that had addresses in like Washington and what not right across the border. A lot of times they would have us send parts and stuff there to avoid the customs and any extra taxes and whatnot. When Covid started, they weren't even allowed to cross the border to go get their mail at their own houses on the US side!
By Ultros Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:15 pm
I have no clue whats going on here its a nightmare. Our govt has spent us into oblivion, closed the border, put people through 1.5 years of covid fear mongering. It's insanity! I even wrote a song about it... it ends on a happy note like the sun comes out, but i dont know anymore lol.

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-385770548/ultros-ultra-violet-prizna
By JeriKo Jackson Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:12 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Akai don't provide any commentary on upcoming releases, and beta testers are under an NDA, so you'll just have to wait and see what happens. All the issues are being reported so it's up to the devs to prioritise what gets fixed or added.

I feel you on the 3.0 thing, which is why I didn’t go back to any of the previous 3.0 threads. You are correct that Akai didn’t hold back on added features. They’ve packed more in than I ever thought they would. The enhanced MIDI and improved time stretch were big. But song mode not converting time sig and tempo info, inactive pads on muted tracks, the cumbersome mixer, qlink not following screen selection (clumsy UI) should be fixed and improved by now, right? Yeah I could have used more mod options, or interesting MIDI tricks but workflow is king.

Not here to hate at all. I want pick one up again and still have hope an update can address some of the issues that affected my opinion of the OS.