This sounds like odd behavior, but I am sure we can help you out.
The first thing to consider is the MPC is still effectively a computer, so there might be a few things causing this. I haven't experienced this issue myself... but a few things to try definitely come to mind.
* A complete global settings reset
* Loading up a fresh project, there might be weird settings in the template
* Reinstall the 2.10 firmware or downgrade to an older firmware like 2.8 or 2.9
* Remove any USB/Internal Drive/SD card
* Do some disk diagnostics if you're using the hard drive, usb, or sd card slot
* Possibly restore the internal micro sd card content
* Disable auto saving
If possible, I'd suggest just taking a video and uploading it for us to see, it is also possible one of us might just notice something unusual that is causing it to seem like it is freezing or lagging...
So a few questions before I address the bullets up top.
Are you in stand alone mode or in controller mode?
Do you know where the 2.10 Synth folder content is installed?
Do you know where expansion packs are installed?
Can you tell how much free storage space is available on the internal micro sd drive?
Is the micro sd drive content intact?
Anyways... this *sounds* like the auto save is kicking in, which I have experienced something that might sound like this problem, but you can clearly see (or at least back in the pre 2.8 or so when I turned it off) it say that it is auto saving... but it could cut out audio for a few seconds while running.
To enable/disable... go to preferences -> project load/save -> check or uncheck the autosave box.
Fixing parameter setting issues... well it's pretty easy MENU -> SETTINGS -> INFO -> RESET PREFERENCES, but Tutor has a page on this https://www.mpc-tutor.com/fixing-mpc-firmware-upgrade-errors/
that is worth checking out for a bit more thoughts/details.
It's possible that whatever you are loading has something weird in the project or base template... try working with an EMPTY project... or if you want to try something else I would happily upload a project you can try out.
You can freely upgrade and downgrade your firmware to just about anything... it might be worth rolling back from 2.10 to something older and see what you can find. In your Akai Pro account (assuming you set one up) you can dig in and find older versions of the firmware. It's a bit convoluted to go very far back, but there is a .pdf file (I forget the link off hand) that can get you access to many of the older firmware releases.
I'd also suggest removing any drives while powered off that you may have USB/SD/internal just to see if when you boot it back up if the problem persists... long shot, but might be something strange with one of the drives. This would also be a good time to just do a health check on your computer to see if there might be something wrong/defective with one of the drives.
It's a bit of a pain, but if the internal micro sd storage is corrupted or has a lot of junk in it, then it might be causing these issues for you. Technically you need to reach out to Akai to get the restore file, but if you want to try this let us know... it's possible somebody here might be able to help you out.
Anyways... that's all that comes to mind at the moment to try. Good luck and keep us posted how it goes.