MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jpeg Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:17 pm
EnochLight wrote:I second this request, as I am a total preset whore. :lol: I'd especially like to see some new Odyssey preset packs, but honestly I'd prefer to have these as Programs so effects chains can be saved with them (and audio previews inside the Expansion) and utilizing some of the new effects like the Granulator, Half Speed and Stutter . Don't really need any for Hype, but even Solina and Mellotron would be cool. But definitely Odyssey. That thing is a crazy bloopy bleepy FX machine! :worthy:

i would like some urban presets for all of the instruments tubesynth, electric, hype and odysee that would be great, its defo good to have some usable presets as a starting point
By bobbye Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:45 am
Linen Associate - would you please share the link in pm with me too, thanks.

mpc tutor / or anyone else - did you check the files I posted and tried to recreate
the presets/programs ?

It will be very nice to get more keygroup programs, however, I still would very much
like to use the plugin synths, they are an integral part of the new mpc line (I get that
they are not so great like NI massive etc., but with the help of the community I think
we can make them much better, i.e., would be nice if we have a files section here where
users can post their presets etc).
By SuperKonquer Sun May 14, 2023 3:45 am
I tried to recreate patches from an old original patch book for the Odyssey. It did not go well. For some reason the approximate settings on the MPC version sounded nothing like what the hardware version is suppose to be. Most of the time I ended up with unusable ear wretching noise. I eventually gave that pursuit up because I couldn't for the life of me understand why it's so different. I am not a big hardware synthesizer freak and spent my life as a preset tweaker. I can only take a probably wrong guess and say that the plugin settings are heavily accentuated compared to the original hardware.
By hyena Fri May 19, 2023 9:18 pm
B-Wise wrote:Here's a link to a beat I made with a sample & a Odyssey patch. The Echo delay that comeswith Odyssey is trulyamazing. Let me know what you think? :https://gearspace.com/board/showpost.php?p=16529477&postcount=11047

nice! yes the delay in the odissey is pretty cool, it is more or less an emulation of the good old echoplex tape echo. its characteristics , what really stands out, are mainly two: it's an "analog"delay , so when you change delay time (the horizontal fader\lever) you have a momentary change in pitch (because what was "written" on tape with a certain speed is now read with a different speed, but then gets overwritten by the new material at this new speed, so the pitch stabilizes itself...if that makes sense...). the other thing is that the sound degrades more and more after each repeat, loosing high end and distorting a bit. that's the magic of true tape echoes.
Air Delay didn't have an "analog" style repitching effect, even tho it has a nice resonant filter in the feedback loop that helps making it feel analog... Air Delay Pro instead lets you choose between Digital (no repitching) or Analog (tape style repitching) and has quite a few other features to degrade\manipulate its sound, so yes, you can achieve something really similar to odissey's delay with air delay pro. but we already had an analog style delay, it is akai's "delay analog". of course it is more bread and butter than odisseys or air delay pro, but not bad. what i really wanted was the opx4 delay as a separate plugin. also the opx4 multitap delay with selectabe tap feedback.... those two are fkin ace. well, whatever...
By HouseWithoutMouse Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:22 am
Is there a way to get the Odyssey plugin's modwheel pitch LFO vibrato to center around +- 0 i.e. correct pitch? It seems to be positive only, meaning that you'd have to dial in a corresponding negative fine-pitch offset to both oscillators (or maybe pitch bend down) for each modwheel position to compensate and have the result sound in tune and not sharp. For lead sounds it's not that bad, it's like a left-hand guitar solo vibrato, but for chordal sounds like pads and synth brasses, the sharpness renders the whole modwheel vibrato unusable.