MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By djst Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:52 pm
elstebbano wrote:And they finally made automation for master and submixes possible..good news, greatness awaits :nod:

I would love to see that coming to the MPC lineup!
By Monotremata Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:22 pm
NewAkaiUser wrote:Maybe that's why they delayed adding disk streaming? It would definitely separate One from the rest of the family.
As far as I know, MPC One has a usb 2.0 controller, which will slow down the fastest card.
In the 3.1 firmware presentation for Force, they loading project and 100 audio clips in seconds.
It seems to me that the speed might not be enough to handle so many files at once.

They ALL have a USB 2.0 controller in it, they're all exactly the same inside. Even the hard drive's SATA is USB 2 at the end. But yeah, Kontakt was doing disk streaming what 15-16 years ago on USB 2 workstations? But that was also on full blown desktop workstations, not a little all in one Android/Linux SoC like we have in the MPC.
By zangetsu01 Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:23 pm
I don't know man, It was the MPC community that asked for the Arranger and look who got it first, The Force..
It was the MPC community that asked for disk streaming and look who got it first, The Force..
I believe that I was one of the first Joe's in here asking for automation for the submix busses and the master bus, and who got it first? The Force

Sometimes I feel like we are just getting the left overs and all the good stuff is being build into the Force..

The Force ain't with us..
By SakisX Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:08 pm
jabberwalky wrote:Surely the MPC will get it. So what would you even do with disk streaming? I guess it's cool for playing backing tracks. Is that the goal? Genuinely curious why this feature is such a big deal for everyone. I'm sure I will implement it too, but I just don't know how yet. How would disk streaming without an arranger work?

Audiotracks playing backing tracks but also recording thru multichannel interface andmainly large keygroups . I wonder how it works (if it works) on keygroups
By 83dude Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:16 pm
64hz wrote:Really thinking of selling my live and getting a force now. :shock:

Just wait. Only a wee bit. Don‘t get hasty. Force is „beta 2.0“ territory, as it seems. Conversion to the MPC environment seems to be just a matter of time. You‘ll see.
By 40Beatz Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:13 pm

Nahhhh Dont Do That. Two Different Workflows. You'll regret it later on down the Line when the MPCs get Disc Streaming.

My Philosophy is.,...Obtain New Gear...Never Replace Gear!!!
By theabstract Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:35 pm

Yea.. I have the force and the live . And the mpc just has the more intuitive workflow for me.. pretty sure disk streaming comes to mpc in time .. maybe they are testing it out with the smaller force user base before rolling out broadly across mpc
By EnochLight Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:09 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:I don't know man, It was the MPC community that asked for the Arranger and look who got it first, The Force..

Actually, Force owners were asking for an Arranger - or anything - from the first day of launch, because Force didn't have any way of building songs at all at that time (hence why so many early Force adopters were rightfully salty).

I've got both. Here's my take: I really enjoy my MPC Live II, because despite its shortcomings, it does what it does extremely well. I find it easier/faster to sample and chop on my MPC, as that is what it is designed for. It also lends itself more to that hip-hop production environment that many are comfortable with. To be frank, it has a lot less buttons than Force (a lot less!) so it's a bit easier to get around, IMHO.

On the other hand... you can do much on the Force that you can do on the MPC, though, so there's some cross-pollination in that sense. In some cases, it's far more powerful than MPC, since you not only have a 16 pad layout for your typical Drum Programs, but the other 48 pads (in 3 other groups of 16 pads) give you instant access to performance control that you simply cannot do in MPC on one set of 16 pads, such as having 16-pads for your drums + 16 pads set to 16 levels + 16 pads set to velocity + 16 pads for whatever else, all accessible from the front of Force all at the same time. That's pretty bad ass, and MPC will never be able to touch that sort of access easily. Then there's Macros, which Force absolutely excels at (MPC doesn't have anything remotely close). Additionally, there is a traditional DAW-like "Arranger", so if you long for that sort of ability, Force has it. But working with Clips is Force's strength (for obvious reasons), so if an Ableton Live-like approach to producing music isn't your thing, then MPC will probably be a better bet.

Force can be absolutely overwhelming if all you're used to working with is 16 large pads or an MPC, or even Maschine. The workflow is completely different, even though Drum Programs and Key Groups work the same (for the most part). But I do own both, and I will keep both - for their unique strengths.
By Ultros Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:26 pm
Bit late on the reply by 83dude has some good advice. it gets costly selling and rebuying. Hang on to what you already own, if you can afford a force then purchase a force.

If you sell your mpc that costs as much to buy a force you will take a loss and still need to invest more of your hard earned money into its purchase and you will still be one device short. It would then cost you the initial cost of the two units, plus your own investment on top to acquire both where as right now you can get a force for the price of a force.
By KaoticShock Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:16 pm
I'm gonna predict that MPC Firmware gets an update with Disk Streaming before 2021 is over. The next update should happen in December. What I really want to see is all the rest of those Plugins (FMX, FMini, Pop Brass and Woodwinds, Keyboards, Xpand!2 and Hybrid 3) in standalone mode in the updates they gon drop in 2022.
By Drew Hamlett Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:36 pm
Xpand would be somewhat hard to do although Hype is basically a workstation synth. I wish you could add wavetables to Hype. Polyphony would be pretty restrictive for Xpand in standalone. I think keygroup disk streaming would be the next best thing. I have pretty large keygroups and it actually works pretty well, but the load times are really bad.
By KaoticShock Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:23 am
Drew Hamlett wrote:Xpand would be somewhat hard to do although Hype is basically a workstation synth. I wish you could add wavetables to Hype. Polyphony would be pretty restrictive for Xpand in standalone. I think keygroup disk streaming would be the next best thing. I have pretty large keygroups and it actually works pretty well, but the load times are really bad.

Hype doesn't have enough options in the Sampler init. All the Plugins that have Touch UI in controller mode should work in standalone mode. With disk streaming this should be possible. I can deal with limited polyphony, what I can't deal with is having no automation on submixes and only 4 FX slots. I will never understand why they made Touch UI for the AIR plugins in controller yet they can't make them work in standalone mode.
By Straker Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:50 am
I am sure disc streaming and arranger are coming to Mpc before 2022.
I guess the same team works on both Force and Mpc so they cannot focus on both devices at the same time.
After that big update on Force, there will be a big update on Mpc and so on.
I am not waiting for disc streaming so much but if it comes, I am fine.
I am more happy if the Arranger comes to Mpc.
And I would be even more happy to have audio over usb on Mpc.
Anyway, in one or two months, we will have an Mpc upgrade, let's see what happens.
By 40Beatz Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:09 pm
Im Still Confused....What enhancement will Disc Streaming bring to the MPC? Will it help with Performances?