MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By John Shoes Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:43 am
I just got the mpc x and I can’t figure out what’s causing it to flake. I can work for an hour sometimes with no issues, other times it’s in 20 mins. Sounds starts developing artifacts like cracks and pops and it starts to sound choppy. Sometimes the X freezes up and then other times it don’t freeze but I still get this dumb ass sound. I recently installed a Samsung 1tb drive however it did this prior to the install. I’m also running in stand alone mode. I don’t know wtf is going on.
By Ultros Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:52 pm
Sounds like something is building static. You got the unit grounded? What's plugged into it? Try a different walloutlet and unplug all your periphreals and see what happens. It could be failing hardware, or it could be an inaudible feedback loop?
By John Shoes Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:58 pm
Ultros wrote:Sounds like something is building static. You got the unit grounded? What's plugged into it? Try a different walloutlet and unplug all your periphreals and see what happens. It could be failing hardware, or it could be an inaudible feedback loop?

I’ve plugged into multiple outlets. I’ve stripped it and put it back together. I can’t figure it out. It’s so weird. I’m guessing I’m gonna have to deal with Akai
By elstebbano Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:11 am
If you search a bit here you will find out that many people have kind of similar issues like you after they have messed around with the factory content on the internal drive. Maybe the previous owner did something like that and they didnt check the used device properly enough at guitar center. Just look at the other threads and ask if someone cangive you the file or ask akai directly. I am pretty sure that mighty be the issue here, but dont be mad if it’s truly a hardware issue^^
By EnochLight Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:35 am
John Shoes wrote:I just got the mpc x and I can’t figure out what’s causing it to flake..

If you just got it, surely you must be able to return it to the retailer since it's defective? Or was this a second-hand purchase?