MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By dec9 Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:42 am
Have noticed that when I audition programs in the browser, the audition sounds different than what I load into the keygroups.

Tried to make a demonstration with a fresh project, and ensuring that Pad Perform was off. The program audition sounds lower tone than even the A01 pad that is subsequently loaded. Showed this for two different programs.

Not sure if I have other settings polluting this, or I'm mishearing or misunderstanding something. I have a brief demonstration of what i mean here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=y7_AOG07XLM
By Lampdog Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:36 am
Keygroup settings, Pad settings, Program settings, several mixer settings, filters, envelopes, return, master out, submixes, etc. Many things can make it sound different than the demoes. If you don’t take time to understand your machine you’ll never find them all.
By dec9 Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:06 am
Lampdog wrote:Keygroup settings, Pad settings, Program settings, several mixer settings, filters, envelopes, return, master out, submixes, etc. Many things can make it sound different than the demoes. If you don’t take time to understand your machine you’ll never find them all.

I tried to illustrate it clearly with a fresh project, without a bunch of other adjusted settings. I haven't seen this occur with drum programs, or piano/keyboard programs from the default Akai expansions so it's confusing to me why specifically the bass programs appears problematic.

Taking a shit on me, accusing me of not making any effort to figure out the MPC is inaccurate and not nice. For every question I've posted here, there have been another twenty that I've diagnosed myself between the Akai Manual and my copy of the MPC Bible.
By Lampdog Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:49 pm
I’m not taking a “shit on you”, that’s just the way you took it, I’m not and that’s not what I was thinking at all.

Good luck.
By NearTao Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:32 pm
It looks like you've got pad performance turned on to me. If you've got it pushed up an octave or two, you'll never be able to hit the bass notes that were played in the demo that you showed.

Edit: Also chill out man... many of us are happy to help out here... you took a great step posting the video as it helps show what you are doing... but the advice from Lampdog still stands... you're going to need to learn how to use the shiny new MPC X.
By 40Beatz Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:29 pm
Or he has the Warp on his Audition. That'll change things around a lil bit after he loads it
By bees80 Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:05 pm
Like posted before; To me it also sounds like you have pad perform on, and the preview played is in a lower octave then you are playing on your pads.

Next, i like to use the opportunity to give you the golden MPC-Forum cup. Since you figured out at least 20 things yourself. It's kind of a big deal and we are all very impressed.

(if you look closely, it's mpc-tutor pulling an american history x on the beta version of the behringer mpc clone)
By EnochLight Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:12 pm
I suspect that we may never know the true cause of the OP's issue, as they haven't been back here since last August (2020!) to chime in. Not sure why a new forum member felt compelled to resurrect a largely dead thread with their first post, though. :hmmm: :WTF: :lol: